Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Latest purchase Farmall 200

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tntleake
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Latest purchase Farmall 200 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought this tractor knowing it has water in the oil. I'm hoping a head gasket. Has old repair to black behind carb. Valves have been added, but original fast hitch valve is still inplace. Looks like they plumbed around the original H?H valve and set up new valve to run fast hitch and additional valve for a remote. All 4 tires are new Firestones, rear hubs I think are from an H, tires are 13.6x38. I'm moving them over to a 460 I have hubs/rims tires from an donor SC to put on it. Also can use the block from the SC if I have a bad block on the 200
How'd I do
Any suggestion on the water in oil. Will start pulling engine apart tonight
As always thanks for your comments and advice.

Tracy

tim11612

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest purchase Farmall 200 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

love it,great shape.

The Red
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest purchase Farmall 200 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not a whole lot of 200s around. Your's looks very nice. Those are M rims and tires!!

tntleake
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest purchase Farmall 200 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I paid 1K for it all

tntleake
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest purchase Farmall 200 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think H because of axle and Hub diameter, but I could be wrong. M axles are alot bigger

The Red
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest purchase Farmall 200 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would agree those are H hubs but the rims are probably M width. 13.6 x 38 are the tire size on my two Ms. H and M hubs had the same outside diameter for the rims of either an H or M.

The Red
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest purchase Farmall 200 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Heck of a price. I hope the water in the oil is not an expensive fix.

Zachary Hoyt
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest purchase Farmall 200 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It looks like a great deal especially with the tires.
Zach

Iamarv
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest purchase Farmall 200 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Most likely the O ring around the sleeve is leaking and allowing antifreeze to get in the oil. Could be a leaking headgasket also. The real problem could be the damage caused by the antifreeze in the oil. It is VERY damaging to the lower engine parts. (crank, rod, and main bearings etc) Keep us posted.

kopeck
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest purchase Farmall 200 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

tntleake wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:43:16 01/06/13) I bought this tractor knowing it has water in the oil. I'm hoping a head gasket. Has old repair to black behind carb. Valves have been added, but original fast hitch valve is still inplace. Looks like they plumbed around the original H?H valve and set up new valve to run fast hitch and additional valve for a remote. All 4 tires are new Firestones, rear hubs I think are from an H, tires are 13.6x38. I'm moving them over to a 460 I have hubs/rims tires from an donor SC to put on it. Also can use the block from the SC if I have a bad block on the 200
How'd I do
Any suggestion on the water in oil. Will start pulling engine apart tonight
As always thanks for your comments and advice.

Those wheel/tires would look right at home on my SM, on a 200 they look HUGE!

For 1k you did pretty good if the rubber really is new.

Have fun, our 200 was the main tractor on the farm for many, many years.

K

D Slater
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest purchase Farmall 200 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like 2 different rear rim types and maybe wideth.
But heck thats a good deal for the tires and front wheel weights. Not counting the tractor don't look bad.

ken house
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest purchase Farmall 200 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

your post says water in the oil. if you have anti-freeze in the radiator. you probably do not have a problem. water will accumulate in the cases. i would crack open the crankcase and drain the water, (if it is water) and let the water out and run for a bit, let it sit and check again.

Iamarv
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest purchase Farmall 200 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I posted earlier assuming water meant antifreeze. Sorry to alarm you. You must be in a warm climate judging by the green leaves on the trees. In Iowa all radiators has antifreeze in them.

Glenn F.

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest purchase Farmall 200 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

While I expect they'd cause problems, personally I like those big tires on there.

Glenn F.

Dean Olson
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Latest purchase Farmall 200 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How does that wheel mounting work?

I thought 200 and H axles are different sizes.

I went from 11.2X36" to 12.4X36" on my SC and noticed a decrease in power. I'll bet that set up really sucks HP.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.