Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pic of my 10 year old daughter the aspiring teamster

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EJ70
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Pic of my 10 year old daughter the aspiring teamster Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice pic of my youngest girl when she was just starting out about two years ago. I use the truck tire drag for light smoothing and breaking manure up on the trails and lane. She was walking with me and wanted to try it out. But I did not have the extensions on the reins hence she had to walk along side. That is my lead and he is a good training horse. Hope the pics come thru.

huntingreen2day2
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Pic of my 10 year old daughter the aspiring teamster Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As a kid I started working mules about the age of 8. My first job was to drag the ground behind the tractor doing the plowing. I did this with a team. Glad to see your daughter pulling the tire drag. It will give her some perspective what it was like in the old days.

bill mart
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Pic of my 10 year old daughter the aspiring teamster Reply to specific post Reply with quote

knowing nothing about horses, could she stand on the drag instead of walking? Bill

Bob Bancroft
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Pic of my 10 year old daughter the aspiring teamster Reply to specific post Reply with quote

PA?

Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Pic of my 10 year old daughter the aspiring teamster Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, she can stand on the drag alter after she learns to handle the lines. Last thing you want is an inexperienced person trying to balance on a plank and using the lines as a way to keep from falling off. That can lead to rodeos and spoiled horses, not to mention hurt people.

Looks like a Haflinger from behind. I have a team of 4 year olds I'm starting now.

larry@stinescorners
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Pic of my 10 year old daughter the aspiring teamster Reply to specific post Reply with quote

very nice,you should get a picture of that and frame it,she will be 20 before you know it!

EJ70
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Pic of my 10 year old daughter the aspiring teamster Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sure is Bob.
Bret he is a perch. 18 hands the pic doesnt show him very well

Cole Younger

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Pic of my 10 year old daughter the aspiring teamster Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is my Team from the Teamster view.

Northvale - PA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Pic of my 10 year old daughter the aspiring teamster Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I"m just curious, she"s driving at Gettysburg. Give us the story, please.

Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Pic of my 10 year old daughter the aspiring teamster Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Neat picture of how to make your kids understand how the world turns.

EJ70
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Pic of my 10 year old daughter the aspiring teamster Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I help out the maint. dept at the battlefield with the trails. The drag breaks up manure piles and smooths the trail. I will add weight to the drag for the washed out sections.
Park visitors love to see the horse and harness set up. He also loves the attention.

GordoSD
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Pic of my 10 year old daughter the aspiring teamster Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What does that lane look like when it snows 8 inches with some wind?

mb58
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Pic of my 10 year old daughter the aspiring teamster Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey! My cousin, eight times removed, visited this same place in July of 1863. He and his friends found out they weren't welcome so they came back to Dixie.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.