Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fast hitch to 3pt adapter picture, I don't get it!?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dean Olson
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Fast hitch to 3pt adapter picture, I don't get it!? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is this a joke?

RTR
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Fast hitch to 3pt adapter picture, I don't get it!? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dean Olson wrote:
(quoted from post at 09:27:30 01/07/13) Is this a joke?

What? Looks fine to me. I don't get it.

DeltaRed
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Fast hitch to 3pt adapter picture, I don't get it!? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Someone's peeing backwards....

IH fan
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Fast hitch to 3pt adapter picture, I don't get it!? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dean Olson wrote:
(quoted from post at 23:27:30 01/06/13) Is this a joke?

I guess you back your F-H equiped IH up to a 3 point tractor and see which one picks the other up Laughing

ihman73
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Fast hitch to 3pt adapter picture, I don't get it!? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I suppose if those lower pins were removed it could be used on something without fixed lower pins.

d282
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Fast hitch to 3pt adapter picture, I don't get it!? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No. That is what I use on my IH rotary hoe and rotary mower on the 560. It is quite handy. What are you using it for?

retired farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: Fast hitch to 3pt adapter picture, I don't get it!? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How else would you hook up three point stuff to a two point fast hitch?

larryanderson
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: Fast hitch to 3pt adapter picture, I don't get it!? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you hook your 3 pt equipted tractor and back up to your 560 you would have two tractors hooked up back to back.Might be safer than a chain if you want to see who can pull each other like a few farmers used to do to see which tractor had more pulling power.Usually just digs two holes.

Zachary Hoyt
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: Fast hitch to 3pt adapter picture, I don't get it!? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Maybe it is supposed to have a little strap with two holes on each of the lower pins? Looks kind of funny anyway, to me.
Zach

leroy in ne

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Fast hitch to 3pt adapter picture, I don't get it!? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

worked for IH dealer in mid 60's. remember these were with either rotary hoe or spring tooth harrow, it made it possible for equipment to be sold to brand X owners and also to be usable on 2 point tractors without having to design 2 hitch systems. third arm was only used to lift equipment for transport or turning as machine had to be full floating when in operation.

mkirsch
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: Fast hitch to 3pt adapter picture, I don't get it!? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

LOOK AT IT.

It has PINS. How do you propose hooking up a typical 3pt hitch implenent to those PINS???

3pt hitch arms have SOCKETS. This adapter has PINS sticking out.

99% of 3pt hitch implements have PINS too. How do you hook pins to pins?

dustycoal
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Fast hitch to 3pt adapter picture, I don't get it!? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would just cut some one inch plate in the shape of a U, remove pins and weld them on and make one of them backup to the implament lift and go. Maybe make some type clips on top of U's that are spring loaded to lock it on? some times its fun to make something work.

IH fan
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Fast hitch to 3pt adapter picture, I don't get it!? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I guess you could use your 560 to carry your 8N Ford to the field with you... no that wouldn't work because the Ford doesn't have pressure down and you'd just lift the 3 point and not the tractor. My 240U has pressure down, maybe you could carry it backwards Laughing... naw, it would just break those little latches on top of the sockets.
You got me, I don't see how this would work for anything except some other backwards home made thing.

Nebraska Cowman
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Fast hitch to 3pt adapter picture, I don't get it!? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sure, That makes sense. You used the pins to bolt it solid to the piece of equipment it was built for and left it on so you could use your fast-hitch tractor.

Phil Tibbetts
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Fast hitch to 3pt adapter picture, I don't get it!? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks well made.

Last edited by Phil Tibbetts on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.