Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dearborn post hole digger

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Okiegleaner
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Dearborn post hole digger Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I found one of these diggers made by Danuser. The problem is the pto shaft on our Golden Jubilee has been changed to the 1 3/8" shaft and I have not been able to locate the long stabilizer pins that are needed to mount this digger. Any leads would be great.
Thanks,
John

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Dearborn post hole digger Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have looked at this 2 or 3 times and still can not figure out what your asking. What does the standard size PTO shaft have to do with the mount pins/arms?? If the problem is that the PTO shaft on the post hole is the old 1-1/8 it as simple to go buy a replacement yoke that fits and is the 1-3/8 standard size one form most nay good farm and home place or a tractor dealer

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Dearborn post hole digger Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oakiegleaner,
Welcome to the N board.
First off you can buy an adapter that converts your pto shaft from 1 3/8" to 1 1/8"
See first photo.
Secondly, they do make the longer pins for attaching the arms onto the brackets under the axle.
They look just like the ones in the second pic but are about 3" long.
This site likely has both items. You can call them at 800 853-2651 and ask. (I like to support our hosts here) Otherwise Tractor Supply should have them too. I bought both items at our local Fleet Farm store.
Those Dearborn/Danusers are good units, as is anything built by Danuser.
I had one for a few years but sold it in favor of a later Ford model when I went all blue.
Kind of PIA to mount on your tractor though.
If you don't find the long pins let me know.
I'm pretty sure I still have the ones I bought laying around here. Have no use for them now.
I would send them your way for the price of shipping if you need.
My email is open.

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Dearborn post hole digger Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kind of hard to see much here but on those Dearborn units the main lift arms attach to your stabilizer brackets under the axle.

Badger bob
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: Dearborn post hole digger Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have one of those augers we bough last fall and when i put it on the 2n the auger drags on the ground and its real flopy. maby iam doing some thing wrong. maby it will work better next spring. good luck with yours.Bob

Richard G.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: Dearborn post hole digger Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We had one of those in the mid fifties used on a 52 8N. My dad would hire out to local farmers at 10 cents per hole. When I was 10, I would set the brakes on the tractor and climb up on the gearbox while it was running to add weight to make it go in hard soil. Can't believe I did not get killed or worse. Our country has plenty of rocks to deal with also. Plus, hit a root and watch it suck down, and you had to dig it out. Boy, did I wish there was a reverse on the PTO. Finally got rid of the digger a few years ago, but still use the tractor several times a week. It still has the long pins on it.
Richard in NW SC

HCooke
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Dearborn post hole digger Reply to specific post Reply with quote

UD, even your red belly tractor is blue!

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Dearborn post hole digger Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't let those fenders fool you Smile
They were my father's - only thing I have left of the 2n that he gave me when he passed.

1951 8N
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Dearborn post hole digger Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Okiegleaner wrote:
The problem is the pto shaft on our Golden Jubilee has been changed to the 1 3/8" shaft
Thanks,
John

The PTO shaft on your Golden Jubliee has "NOT" been changed to the 1 3/8" shaft. The Golden Jubiliee came with the 1 3/8" PTO shaft originally back in 1953.

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Re: Dearborn post hole digger Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Others here know the Jubes better than I do but it seems I've read Ford made the switch to 1 3/8" somewhere in the Hundred series run.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Dearborn post hole digger Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Our Jube-NAA had the 1 1/8" shaft.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.