Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What happened to the farm census thread?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animal
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: What happened to the farm census thread? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So a guy gets down for a few days and one of the better threads gets poofed, what happened to it?

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: What happened to the farm census thread? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If your talking about the one I posted people started getting nasty so it went bye bye. But it is winter and it seems many people are showing there true colors and being great big but heads. You and I have seen it way to many times and each year it seems to be common this time of year

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: What happened to the farm census thread? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wondered too. There was a link on it to measure fields. I didn't save it and wanted to use the link a day or two ago,but the whole post was gone.

oj
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: What happened to the farm census thread? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

planimeter to measure fields with
here

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: What happened to the farm census thread? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks!

hayray
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Re: What happened to the farm census thread? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was wondering the same thing.

MF Poor
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: What happened to the farm census thread? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

At some point, the owners of this site have a certain responsibility to maintain accurate and truthful information. Quite a bit of what was posted in that thread became pure nonsense, rumors, innuendo, and biased hatred for ANYTHING "government", slamming what is useful and for the betterment of farming in the US.

No, I don't believe MOST of what the government tells us. No, I don't like current government AG policy. But...If we want POSITIVE change, the facts need to be on the table in order to get an accurate representation of what farmers want, need, and expect. And in spite of what some overly paranoid individuals seem to believe, we aren't engaged in rocket science. There's NOTHING we do that is so "top secret" that it needs to be concealed from the government. (unless you're engaged in something illegal)

Playing games, hiding facts, and misrepresenting the truth FROM OUR END is no different, hence no better than what some accuse the government of. Rampant paranioa and fear doesn't help....in fact, it HURTS our cause. Protesting what we have, but refusing to allow improvment is NOT very intelligent to say the very least.

If this were MY website, and some of those ridiculous post's showed up here, I would have deleted it a long time before it did go "poof".

I've always filled out my AG cencus. Never had any reason not to, nor has there ever been any negative repercussions from such. Then again, I don't wear a tin foil hat and sneak around hiding from the black helocopters that some people think they see.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: What happened to the farm census thread? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I couldn't believe my ears when I watched US Farm Report this past weekend. The normally left wing globull warming pushing John Phipps said he's not going to comply. Said he'll pay the $100 fine amd politely hang up on whoever calls him about the census. Said it's not because he's opposed to giving the information,but because the results won't be published until February 2014. Said when NASS comes in to the 21st century and gets reports out in the time that 21st century technology allows,he'll tell them what's going on at his 21st century farm.

MF Poor
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: What happened to the farm census thread? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No matter what side of the fight a person is on, there won't be any progress towards correcting problems until we come to some sort of concensus on what needs to be done in the future. And I've heard enough from left AND right to understand that NEITHER side has all the answers. For that matter, neither side seems to even understand what the QUESTION is. Before we settle this, (if we ever do) BOTH sides of the isle are going to have to admit they are wrong about a number of issues. I'm not so sure BOTH sides aren't wrong more than they're right.

I'm sick and tired of people playing games with our future. That goes for politicians AND common, ordinary citizens alike. WAKE UP PEOPLE. WE'RE DESTROYING WHAT WAS THE GREATEST COUNTRY ON EARTH.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: What happened to the farm census thread? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

But not a lot of what is going on that is caused by the common man who tries to do right and work when he can but it is the guy up in D.C who has been there for 50 years like that senator from HA who was in for 50 year that is just plan crazy to have any one in office that long. WE NEED TERM LIMITS and no life time pension but all pay into S.S.

Sid
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: What happened to the farm census thread? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"There's NOTHING we do that is so "top secret" that it needs to be concealed from the government. (unless you're engaged in something illegal)"

That is true. On the other hand there is nothing I do that they need to know about.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What happened to the farm census thread? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It wasn't the "what I do" that stopped me. I filled it out until I got to the page where they wanted to know the value of my equipment. At that point I just wrote "I'm not going any further" and mailed it back.

MF Poor
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: What happened to the farm census thread? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So you don't believe the government needs to know anything about how farmers operate in order to set farm policy? Let me guess...Once they set farm policy, based on bad knowledge and/or NO knowledge, you wouldn't hesitate to critisize that policy.

Your opinion is not unlike a person walking into a doctors office with some sort of ailment, then refusing to let the doctor know what's wrong. And then expecting that doctor to fix what's wrong and not make any mistakes.

MF Poor
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What happened to the farm census thread? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So if there were term limits on congressmen, you'd forgo the backwards thinking and let the people who control our economic destiny have the information they need to make EDUCATED decisions?

I didn't think so....

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What happened to the farm census thread? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I filled out the paper that I believed they did not need to the best of my knowledge so what you complaining about but what I do does nothing to help others since I also do not ask for any thing from the USDA but they sure are asking me for things they should not have a reason to ask for

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Using Your Tractor & Crop Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.