Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What was the first Case tractor you drove, and how old were

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: What was the first Case tractor you drove, and how old were Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just gotta get this forum going tonight. My first adventure solo was on a 37 L with a 16' springtooth harrow in 1955, at age 8.
Loren

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: What was the first Case tractor you drove, and how old w Reply to specific post Reply with quote

First case was an 830 diesel, com, eagle hitch. Drove it pulling the rock wagon while the older brothers and sisters and dad picked. Don't know how old I was, but I couldn't reach the clutch and shift at the same time so dad or one of my brothers would do it. First tractor I drove alone was a ford jubilee pulling wagons and following my dad around the field while he combined with the 830 and 77 combine. I also raked hay that year. The same year I started driving the 830 pulling the 200 baler while dad stacked on the wagon. I was 7 or 8 that year, so that would have been 68 or 69.

McKerrow630
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What was the first Case tractor you drove, and how old w Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"59" 700 9yrs. old bale'n hay.

Jimmie D. Phelps
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What was the first Case tractor you drove, and how old w Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was 12 and it was a 1929 L. Dad had put a faster steering gear on it when he put it on rubber . It would cramp on the turns and it took a man to straighten it. On the first turn it cramped and I just went round and around. Oh yea I was pulling a 12" JD rod weeder. Dad had to run up a 1/2 mi to get on and straignten it out. I had to wait a year until I was 13 when he bought a new 1948 LA. I than worked all day long.

Lazy WP
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: What was the first Case tractor you drove, and how old w Reply to specific post Reply with quote

SC, and I don't know how old I was. I know I wasn't big enough to pull the clutch back, so I drove it with my foot up against the clutch lever.
I know I mowed raked and loose stacked all of the alfalfa, when I was in the second grade. Probably worked harder when I was under 15 then I do now.

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: What was the first Case tractor you drove, and how old w Reply to specific post Reply with quote

830 diesel, daul range, eagle hitch. Dad got it in 1965 it served us well till he bought a new 970 8 sp cab and air, the first 70 series in this area, what a tractor it was. Rod.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What was the first Case tractor you drove, and how old w Reply to specific post Reply with quote

first one in the field was the 500 pulling a 8' offset disc working down plowed sod behind the 1030 Dad was running, I was 6 a few weeks later I ran the other 1030 pulling a 21' oneway working ground ahead of my Dad running the other 1030 pulling the drill, the same year I started running the 1000 and 700 cutting grain I was in heaven then, I had operated the 1030's before but Dad was riding with me cnt

Mo 1032D
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What was the first Case tractor you drove, and how old w Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Would have been a 970 gas with cab that we baled with, was 93. Was 21, when dad and my uncle rowcropped they run Allis. Can still recall many days and nights on a D17 working ground. Dad said they had used about every brand in the early years farming. Scott

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What was the first Case tractor you drove, and how old w Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jimmie,
I turned too short with the L and the rear tire hooked the outside cable of the evener draw bar up over It and bent the fender. OOPS. The clutch lever was backwards on the L so when I pulled back on the lever, it lurched and I could snap it over center. It was pretty easy to disingage. All I had to do was put both hands on the steering wheel and put my foot against the lever and give it a kick.
Loren

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What was the first Case tractor you drove, and how old w Reply to specific post Reply with quote

6 or 7 disking with an SC

Dutchman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What was the first Case tractor you drove, and how old w Reply to specific post Reply with quote

raking hay with a Sc ...

mark

Tommy Railsback
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: What was the first Case tractor you drove, and how old w Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nine or ten, feeding cattle with a 1951 LA and a homemade wagon.
First time in the field was in June 1961 with the LA and a 12 foot Graham Hoeme. Age 13)
Loren, we must be about the same age.

RGMartin
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: What was the first Case tractor you drove, and how old w Reply to specific post Reply with quote

5 or 6 baling with a 770, wasn't strong enough to push in the clutch, but my uncle would get her moving and point me in the right direction, then He would hop on the wagon. All I had to do was keep the tire beside the windrow.

IHr190
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: What was the first Case tractor you drove, and how old w Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Grandpa's 1955 410.(The last tractor they bought new)! Pulling the stone boat while picking stones. Still have the tractor.

tractor300

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: What was the first Case tractor you drove, and how old w Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A 1030 at 26 year's old, yes that's right. Dad was an IH man and that was the first Case tractor I bought for myself. It was used with 750 hrs. Super nice tractor.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.