Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MF35 Utility or 202 work bull foot throttle

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gov35
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: MF35 Utility or 202 work bull foot throttle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have been having problems with the foot throttle on my MF 35 utility (Gov.) tractor. I am sure it is simular to the 202. It did not have the governor/throttle compensator spring and link when I bought it. After installing and adjusting governor linkage the foot throttle would not come back to idle so I bought the foot throttle spring that goes under the pedal. Even with this spring there is not enough force to allow the pedal to return to the idle possition when released. I now have a tarp strap to pull the pedal up. Any suggestion on what is going on or how to adjust?
Thanks

matt p
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: MF35 Utility or 202 work bull foot throttle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I also have a workbull yellow 202 same problem I am going to change the spring behind on the thottle rod as to increase tension or maybe a larger spring on the foot pedle

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: MF35 Utility or 202 work bull foot throttle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was thinking about this since you first posted it, I have 3 tractors with throttle pedals, and non go back up on their own. that is what I use the top edge of the sole of my right shoe for. Even that doesn't return it to low idle, That has to be with the hand throttle. I suppose back then, it was better than nothing...

Gov35
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: MF35 Utility or 202 work bull foot throttle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for your replys. My tractor does not have the spring on the throttle rod, or the throttle rod spring clamp, eventhough the parts book list it. I was going to put it on, but thought that this would only make the problem worse as it would increase resistance,or am I wrong? I did put a new spring under the foot pedal, one from a 202 parts book,but did not improve. Not enough room for one to go over the original spring. I went through the manual and have the governor/throttle linkage adjusted correctly, so might have to live with it, unless someone else has a solution.

Inno
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: MF35 Utility or 202 work bull foot throttle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

On my 202 with the hand throttle in the idle position it does go right down to a slow idle. The foot throttle then works as it should. If I pull up on the pedal there is a very slight decrease in RPM but certainly not enough to make me thing there is something wrong. With the hand throttle up at all then the lowest RPM you can obtain is the RPM the hand throttle is set to.
Not sure what might be different with my tractor, I went through the throttle linkage when I first got it and made sure everything was moving freely and did all the adjustments as per the manual.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.