Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JD planter vs. IHC hydraulics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
the Unforgiven

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: JD planter vs. IHC hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Do you have to do anything to the tractor, in this case a 966, to use the single hydraulic line for the lift and the markers? Seems more like an old one-way system? Can you just plug in one side and go?

DeltaRed
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: JD planter vs. IHC hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes,no problem.

Bob Bancroft
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: JD planter vs. IHC hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am not familiar with a JD planter that only has one hose? What model is it?

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: JD planter vs. IHC hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Check your Operator manual- some tractor companies recommend using a certain side for just one hose..........even tho either might work. JD is that way.

the Unforgiven

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: JD planter vs. IHC hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's my "new" 7000 8rW, pull type, finger pick-up. The lift uses one hose running to a "master" cylinder, and the markers use a single hose too.
Now I must admit that I know very little about this planter, just got it unloaded and still setting it up, but I'm about sure that the lift had a single hose. Could very easily be wrong! Thanks guys!!

Bob Bancroft
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: JD planter vs. IHC hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nope, not familiar with that one.
I will add though- usually when you're running one way systems with a two way valve, they want you to have the capability to put the valve into "float", so you're not spiking pressure in the system by dead-heading one side of the valve all the time.
I initially asked because recent JD planters are apt to have an odd number of hoses. Mine has 5. Even my neighbors', which is still a finger pickup planter, has the extra "return" hose going directly into the tractor sump.

IaGary

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: JD planter vs. IHC hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't know for sure but are you sure that the markers aren't activated through that master cylinder and the two hoses are hooked to the master cylinder making it a 2 way.

Gary

Loosehandle
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: JD planter vs. IHC hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes,just make sure you get it down all the way.

the Unforgiven

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: JD planter vs. IHC hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OK Gary, I will check that out, I knew they had some markers that were operated by the lift. The hydraulic hoses have not been fooled with, just wadded up a little.

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: JD planter vs. IHC hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can set it up with a separate hose just for the markers....nice if you want to control the markers separatly.

gbs
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: JD planter vs. IHC hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

all the 7000's i've used had 2 hoses for dual action,but they will work off single too,either way they work best if used with a float position valve so the drive wheels always stay in contact with the ground especially with hold springs on the planter boxes for no-till also when the planter is lowered the row markers will lower on their own without tripping the hyd.valve back to neutral

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.