Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Winter?? Day in the carb shack

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GB in MT.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Winter?? Day in the carb shack Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When I went to bed @ about 9:15 last night, It was pouring down snow, and there was about 8" of snow on the roof.
Was,...woke up by a VERY loud ...CRASH, at 5:20 A.M., .....'bout' jumped out of my skin.....(The whole 8-9" of snow had come sliding off the roof!!!....ALL at ONCE!!!)
41deg this morning, and raining like a cow with a flat rock!!!! Did this all day!!!!and still raining. Local trail groomers are posting an avalanch warning if it keeps up like this.
pic. taken at about 8:30 A.M. this morning:......

SOOOooo, since I could not plow in the crud....I figured I would work in the shack!!!
Got JJ Peppers carbs all tested, and ready for shipping back to him, and Carmine D's carb ready for reassembling......:

All and All, a VERY nice day.....even if it is acting like Spring weather.????

Gary

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter?? Day in the carb shack Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lookin' good Gary!
No snow here to speak of, but that's Ok with me.
Did have some ice here this morning.
If it keeps that up, I'd rather have the snow. Smile

Colin King
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter?? Day in the carb shack Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Be safe and stay warm and dry in the carb shack!

Colin, MN

JPFL
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter?? Day in the carb shack Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Gary, my carbs will be glad to get back to Florida, it was 83 today here in the Tampa area. Thanks again for your GOOD work. Jim

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter?? Day in the carb shack Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got to 70 today,,, If it does not rain before Saturday I plan to flip some dirt this week end....

fostersfarm
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter?? Day in the carb shack Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Would that happen be a Firestone tire on your desk?

Foster

GB in MT.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter?? Day in the carb shack Reply to specific post Reply with quote

fostersfarm wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:09:32 01/09/13) Would that happen be a Firestone tire on your desk?

Foster

Foster;
Yes sir......A firestone rubber tire ashtray. Given to me, by a tire salesman ....A friend of my Dad!!! (Rest his soul!).
Can't remember what yr, but it has been YEARS ago, and have had it in my possesion since before I went into the US Navy,.....(that was in Jan. 1959)

GB Smile

HCooke
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter?? Day in the carb shack Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Beautiful work and pictures. It was 60 here in
Missouri and almost all the snow we got New Years
Eve has melted and my gravel road is a quagmire.

GB in MT.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter?? Day in the carb shack Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JPFL wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:56:46 01/09/13) Thanks Gary, my carbs will be glad to get back to Florida, it was 83 today here in the Tampa area. Thanks again for your GOOD work. Jim

Thanks Jim;
They will be shipped out Friday morning, hopfully with two others I have to get done!!!
Your TSX33 is the one that had the mishap with anti freeze, and that is also the touchy one in the air to fuel mix adj. needle. I you have any problems, give me a call and I will assist in that area.....NOT a problem!!! Plowed snow with it here, it should be able to plow yer grass!!!! Laughing

Gary Smile

GB in MT.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter?? Day in the carb shack Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks guys, for all the replies. This old dude, is getting sleepy, so it's off to bed......Hoping for a better weather day tomorrow!!!

Gary Laughing

Dave in Wyoming
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter?? Day in the carb shack Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Glad you got the moisture in the white form, and not us. We need moisture, but I would rather see the clear version of it, and not the white version. Got up to about 40 today, but I hear it's supposed to get cold and snow here soon. Stay warm, and keep up the Great work on those carbs!!!! Mine runs SO Great!!!!!
Dave

Larry O
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: Winter?? Day in the carb shack Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got you beat there Hobo it was 78 here but it is so wet in south GA (thank the Lord) that I will be a while getting to play in the dirt Larry

GB in MT.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Winter?? Day in the carb shack Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well....it stopped rainin' here, and the Avalanche Warnings are up for our neck of the woods!!! NO snowmobiling for us in the near future.

This just about tells it all, for our area.........:

Winter Weather Advisory
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MISSOULA MT
326 AM MST THU JAN 10 2013

...SNOW AND WIND TO IMPACT NORTHERN ROCKIES TODAY THROUGH FRIDAY
MORNING...

MTZ043-101900-
/O.CON.KMSO.WW.Y.0005.130110T1200Z-130111T1600Z/
POTOMAC/SEELEY LAKE REGION-
326 AM MST THU JAN 10 2013

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM MST
FRIDAY...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM MST
FRIDAY.

* IMPACTS/TIMING: ROADS WILL BE SLICK THIS MORNING DUE TO SNOW ON
FREEZING SURFACES. PERIODS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE SNOW WILL
CONTINUE THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING. VISIBILITY WILL BE LIMITED AT
TIMES ALONG HIGHWAYS 200 AND 141 DUE TO GUSTY WINDS. HAZARDOUS
TRAVEL CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED TO DEVELOP.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: 3 TO 7 INCHES.

* WIND: EAST WINDS GUSTING TO 30 MPH AT TIMES.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...HIGHWAY 200 BONNER TO GREENOUGH...HIGHWAY
83 SEELEY LAKE TO CONDON...I-90 EAST MISSOULA TO BEARMOUTH

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW...BLOWING
SNOW...OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE
PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE
CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.

More time in the carb shack today!!! Laughing

Gary Smile

Britcheflee
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Winter?? Day in the carb shack Reply to specific post Reply with quote

GB in MT. wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:38:45 01/09/13) When I went to bed @ about 9:15 last night, It was pouring down snow, and there was about 8" of snow on the roof.
Was,...woke up by a VERY loud ...CRASH, at 5:20 A.M., .....'bout' jumped out of my skin.....(The whole 8-9" of snow had come sliding off the roof!!!....ALL at ONCE!!!)
41deg this morning, and raining like a cow with a flat rock!!!! Did this all day!!!!and still raining. Local trail groomers are posting an avalanch warning if it keeps up like this.
pic. taken at about 8:30 A.M. this morning:......

SOOOooo, since I could not plow in the crud....I figured I would work in the shack!!!
Got JJ Peppers carbs all tested, and ready for shipping back to him, and Carmine D's carb ready for reassembling......:

All and All, a VERY nice day.....even if it is acting like Spring weather.????

Gary

I wish I was so organized on my work table!!!!

Britcheflee
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Winter?? Day in the carb shack Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just spotted the Brasso - what do you use that for? When I was a little kid my Nan had a lot of brass items around the coal fire - once a week we had to take it all down, lay it out on newspaper and brasso it until shiny!!!
There was also brasso and Silver polish on little rags in cans you could use - the other thing we had to do was rub blacking paste on all the metal fire items (I think it probably is now banned as it had lead or some metal in it) then brush it like mad with a shoe brush to make a nice black shiny surface. My nan (who passed away last year at 9Cool would also polish the front steps leading up to the main front door (only used by important visitors who were then led into the parlour - only used on very rare occasions) - she would use some red tile polish and buff them until they shone rosy red!!!

Lee

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.