Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pulling

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Fawks
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Pulling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Suppose I wanted to pull my M5 at an antique tractor pull...what gear would be recommended?

BTW, I've never driven a tractor in a pull before, but it just sounds like something I should try at least once.

Thanks

Paul Simmer

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Pulling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The very first time I ever pulled, it was with our M-5 diesel. It had a cab and loaded tires. This was farm stock, not antique. With what it weighed, I had to pull in the 10000 lb. class. That class had a 100 hp maximum. Needless to say, it was outclassed big time. Ran out of power in first gear, low torque. Took last place, but it was fun!

M 5 Jack
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Pulling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

On a clay track 7500-8500 lb. class 1st low. Sandy track 2nd low. We have a first gear pulling
club with some tracks 1st or 2nd. 18 in. drawbar
hieght.We run 8 to 9 lbs air.I have a video before we worked on the motor. The M5 used and leaked 1.5 qt. oil in 2 hrs.It looks like a diesel. 7150 lb. class for M5
You tube search tcbtec1 .3 videos should pop up.

MM diesel
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: Pulling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here are some pictures of M5 when it weighed about 16000. It spun in first low. Its not that heavy all the time. It weighs about 9000 right now as the tires are full of water.

black

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Pulling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have an M5 diesel with loaded rear tires that I haven't pulled yet . Planning to pull this spring and probably use 2nd gear low range like I pull with my WD45 and Super 88. There is a guy up here that pulls a d17 1st gear high range and usually takes 1st palce

M 5 Jack
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Pulling Reply to specific post Reply with quote

MM diesel I know where you can buy a set of MM front wheel wts . Looks like every place else is full.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.