Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mystery parts on Allis C

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zachary Hoyt
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Mystery parts on Allis C Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just got this Allis C in for parts and it has some mystery parts that
I cannot fathom. There is an oil line running from the filter base
area to the distributor drive area with a shutoff valve. There is a
pipe assembly coming up out of the front that also has a chain
running back to the brake pedal area. The third odd thing is a PTO
delete cover, I have never seen one of these and am wondering if
they are rare or I just have not come across one before. Any ideas
will be much appreciated.
Zach

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystery parts on Allis C Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry but that is not a distributor that is one of the common mags that are on some. I have the manual for that mag so it you need help as to how the work on it let me know and I can send you that manual since it is in this computer

allaroundtractor
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystery parts on Allis C Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello Zach
I have been looking for one of those pto delete covers if you are going to part out the tractor I would like to purchase it from you. Thanks Tim from Michigan
810-217-0778.

Zachary Hoyt
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystery parts on Allis C Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you, I know it is a mag, you sent me the manual in 2009 and I still have it in the computer. I am wondering why there is that oil line going across there as I have not seen one like it before.
Zach

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystery parts on Allis C Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I did not look at it close but if it hooks to the top of the Gov it is for lubing it and was a thing that was latter added to some. If it goes right into the mag it self it is a lazy mans way of keeping the mag lubed

Zachary Hoyt
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystery parts on Allis C Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like it is going into the governor. Thanks for the information.
Zach

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystery parts on Allis C Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I did look again and the line for the gov I am talking about goes in, the area of the gov linkage and the gov spring. Asa matter of fact it is the pivot point of the gov control arm and I am pretty sure I saw that in your pictures. Come in on the top. The other one looks like an add on to lube the impulse area

Zachary Hoyt
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystery parts on Allis C Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you, I will be looking to sell it. Do you have any idea what it may be worth?
Zach

allaroundtractor
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystery parts on Allis C Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am not sure what this one is worth as I have not bought one for an. Allis before the one that I did purchase was for a Farmall A and paid 25.00 for that one .
So you let me know what you think .
Thanks Tim.

Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: Mystery parts on Allis C Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The oil line looks like the work of an out of the box thinking engine near. Same as the pipe deal.
An engine nearing job of that caliber is not all that rare out in redneck land.

Zachary Hoyt
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: Mystery parts on Allis C Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, that is a good term to bear in mind. If I can figure out what the pipe was for I will post back about it.
Zach

Zachary Hoyt
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: Mystery parts on Allis C Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have done some searching around the web and have not been able to find any reference to ones for sale now, or any reference to ones that sold before and how much they went for. What I will do is put it on ebay this weekend for $25 starting bid and see what happens. I have usually found that that works pretty well for things about which I have no idea of the price.
Zach

bjb in TX from Ne
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Mystery parts on Allis C Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Old, If i recall correctly on my B, the mag/governor drive gear just sets in the casting at that point. Could be the gear is worn and started making noise so they added that oil line to quit it down?

DiyDave

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: Mystery parts on Allis C Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oil line could be a replacement for the factory line. I have seen guys put a shut off valve in the lines because it was the only way to connect a too short line, or because they didn't have the right adapter! The plate on back, the blanking off plate, I have seen go at auction, from $1.00 to $50!

Zachary Hoyt
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Mystery parts on Allis C Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you, that is very helpful to know. I had an Allis C in 2009 that I got running and used for a while but since then I have been mostly around red tractors.
Zach

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.