Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mom's Dream's Realized

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric The Red
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Mom's Dream's Realized Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know that this is a red tractor but that is the family that my mom came from as I post on here from time time as all of our other tractor's are Oliver's or Whites I thought that I would share my Mom's Dream: This is my great grandfather's Walter Snyder's tractor that he bought new in 1938. It was passed to my Grandfather Merle Snyder when Walter passed. My parents tried to buy it from Merle but he would never part with it. It was at his estate auction that my parents purchased it as it had not ran since the early 1970's. My mom has always said that she wanted to see it run again as it did during her childhood. She was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 4 1/2 years ago and fought it into remission. This fall when the cancer returned, she was determined to get it restored. Just as Merle was stubborn and would not sell the tractor, that stubborn gene was passed on to mom and she was determined to get it restored. She had met Darin Helsel this summer who brought a beautiful tractor to my dad's tractor club's show. He ran a tractor restoration business and she knew that this was the man to restore her dream. This fall the tractor made the trip to Helsel's Tractor Restoration. On this Thursday she will get to drive her dream.

Old-n-Grumpy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Mom's Dream's Realized Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is just fantastic! Thanks for sharing. Hope and pray your mom beats it again!

Larry NEIL
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Mom's Dream's Realized Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great story! My prayers for your Mom.
That's what I first drove as a 10 yr old, same fronts but the rears were a dish and the rubber wasn't nearly like yours. I got hooked on Olivers 'cause all the close neighbors were related and used Oliver 70's. Had to wait 'til I grew up to get my own Olivers!

Mike (WA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Re: Mom's Dream's Realized Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its great that she'll get to drive it again.

Shame about having to buy it at grandpa's estate sale, though- Its one thing to resist selling unused stuff to a guy off the street, but not having used it for 40 years, and knowing his daughter wanted to keep it in the family, grandpa should have passed it on down, years ago.

Gambles
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: Mom's Dream's Realized Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It looks great even if it is red. I'm sure she'll be happy.

Old Bob
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Mom's Dream's Realized Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is a wonderful story. May God bless your Mom.

Eric The Red
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Mom's Dream's Realized Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I forgot to post a picture of the original condition of the tractor.

J.Wondergem
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Mom's Dream's Realized Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like he did a real good job on it. I also think that is really neat when someone can have there childhood tractor restored, leave alone even find it.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.