Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

extra hydralic end on John Deere 520

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bill raley
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: extra hydralic end on John Deere 520 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 520 with only one hydralic outlet. I have seen the pics of them with two outlets. Does anyone know what it takes to add the second outlet on?

Thanks,

Bill Raley

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: extra hydralic end on John Deere 520 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When you state hyd end are you referring to breakaway coupler/male tip or control box?

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: extra hydralic end on John Deere 520 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One pair of connectors and one control lever? Or two pairs of connectors and a 2nd control lever?
Doing anything with the rockshaft?

bill raley
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: extra hydralic end on John Deere 520 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a front mounted rockshaft for a cultivator and it takes two cylinders. I have a only one cylinder outlet. I know or have seen pictures of a second hydralic outlet added. I have seen the rockshaft that uses one cylinder to lift both sides. My question is whether there is a way to add another outlet on the tractor. Like I said, I have only seen it in the parts book or operators manual. Anyone have any ideas? Let me hear from you.

Bill Raley

jd2cylman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: extra hydralic end on John Deere 520 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="Bill Raley"](reply to post at 23:57:03 01/12/13) [/qote]

As I understand it, you want to operate two cylinders on your front mount rockshaft. correct? So, there are two options. One is about $900.00 cheaper than the other. First option (cheapest) is to plumb the two cylinders together so that your one remote operates both cylinders. This will operate them together (not perfectly correct, but functional).
The second option involves removing the existing hydraulic remote box assembly and lever and replacing it with a dual remote housing box and a second lever assembly that will incorporate the original lever to operate both functions. Dual hydraulic boxes are out there, but as I said be prepared to spend a lot (IMHO) of money. Unless you're going to cultivate point rows, I doubt you'll really miss the independent action of the front rockshaft. But if you're dying for originality then go for the dual box. Just be aware that resale value of your single valve box is nil. Everyone has one of those (your case in point), so you will not (I don't think) sell the single box to cover some of the cost of the new dual box. I, myself have one in a 5 gal pail and another one soon to be placed in one.
Good luck in whichever path you choose.
Adrian

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: extra hydralic end on John Deere 520 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Other options to operate 2 hyd cylinders would be install an electrically controlled Fasse valve or and ind 2 spool valve similar to what is used to control a frt end loader.

bill raley
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: extra hydralic end on John Deere 520 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

can you tell me if any of those hydralic boxes are around. I mean the double one so i could use two cylinders on the tractor. Or do you have any idea on where to find one?

Thanks

Bill Raley

jd2cylman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: extra hydralic end on John Deere 520 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oh, yeah. Forgot about those. We used to use those on our 3020's. We've since made them both factory dual hyd. Heck, we've still got those sittin on a shelf somewhere. Probably should peddel them.

Adrian

Last edited by jd2cylman on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
jd2cylman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: extra hydralic end on John Deere 520 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pick your favorite used parts dealer. McGrew in Indiana, Biewers in Minnesota.
There are plenty more if you do a little googleing.

Adrian

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.