Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ontario drills

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scot1234
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Ontario drills Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have two Ontario drills with wooden boxes and steel wheels. I am looking to find a year and a value of them does anybody have any information that would help me so i can list them. Thanks

daynee
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Ontario drills Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If working about $275 per drill to the right person

If not working about $100 per drill

daynee

Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Ontario drills Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where are you located? Ontarios are still poplular up here in NYS St Law valley. I've seen real nice ones go well over $350.00

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Ontario drills Reply to specific post Reply with quote

And never heard of one except on here and never seen one here in Ohio and in 69 years have seen a lot.

Arthur Benning

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Ontario drills Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Year is stamped on the center inside of the seed box.

Tim(nj)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Ontario drills Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Shortline drills can be regional. Did you have any Ohio-Thomas drills in your area? I heard of them but only saw my first one last year and it was sold to an Amishman by the dealer that found it.

wolfman
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Ontario drills Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My Dad bought one brand new in the fifties. We still have it. Steel wheels, extremely accurate with the gear settings, has the grass seed attachment. Cleaned and put in shed at end of each planting season. Planted many acres with it.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Ontario drills Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, but they phased out 50 years ago. Right now the drill that is worth the most is an Oliver No. 26 on steel wheels in either 12-8 or 13-7 sizes. Just right for a team of belgins.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Ontario drills Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Think they were made in Springfield, Ohio and later became Superior that later Became Oliver, the base for the Oliver No. 26 drill.

Chester5731
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: Ontario drills Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a one a friend of mine gave me. The fertilizer part is rusted out but the seed part works well. It used to be on steel (which I still have) but has had rubber tires put on it. The settings are off a little bit but I think that is because of the rubber tires being a little different is size.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.