Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Papec silage cutter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scot1234
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Papec silage cutter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does anybody know the value of a old papec silage cutter the serial number is r-35-112, is there a way to figure out the year from this number? I do know that it is a model R, but when were these made? Any help is appreciated

Nebraska Cowman
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Papec silage cutter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Somebody will remember. On Pacec I believe you invert the fist two digits to find the year. Could be the lot number and not the serial and may be the last digits instead of the first.

Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: Papec silage cutter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Up here in Amish country Papecs are the gold standard for silage choppers. A nice one will go over $400.00.

farmerjohn
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Papec silage cutter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The one my grandfather bought new is still in the barn, hasn't been used for about 45 years. I remember he said he paid $200 for the cutter, inside and outside fill pipe in 1920.

grandpajohn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Papec silage cutter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have 4 new blades marked papec 127 and 2 resharpened ones if any one is interested.

gramps

Chester5731
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Papec silage cutter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had one I bought off ebay for $150. I sold it to an Amish fella for $900. I think pricing depends a lot on location.

El Toro
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Papec silage cutter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We had a Papec cutter probably bought in the 1920's. It was used every year until either 1949 or 1950 when a neighbor bought a pull behind chopper. We had a 10-20 McCormick Deering tractor that was used on the Papec cutter and then used on the blower. It usually took several weeks to fill 2 large silos. May have even been 3 weeks. Using the pull behind chopper it took about 4 days. We were still in high school back then. They had a Farmall M on the chopper. Hal

Kevin Happke
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Papec silage cutter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have an old one that is mounted on rubber tired wheels that I would say was sold new on skids. It has a steel pulley on it, and the conveyer has a wood frame with a metal apron chain, the bottom of the blower would need a little work, I am in central MN if anyone is interested in it or I will have to sell for scrap, call 320-468-6474

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters