Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Ford mounted picker

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fordfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Another Ford mounted picker Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In case any of you might be interested. Looks pretty nice.
Not mine, don't know seller...
Ford 602/AC WD

RedRoundhead
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Ford mounted picker Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is odd to see that much Ford blue on a mounted corn picker. Looks to be in really nice shape!

Fordfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Ford mounted picker Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I thought so too.
Sent the owner an email, said to let me know if he gets a good offer on the tractor, I might be interested in just the picker. (even though I plant narrow rows and haven't picked cob corn in more than a decade...would just be to save it from scrap) He emailed back saying to make an offer...he could use the tractor himself.

RedRoundhead
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Ford mounted picker Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Huh. I don"t know if I could scrap ANYTHING with that much shiny paint.....even if I had no use for it. You would think that somebody, somewhere could use it.

I buy stuff to save it from getting scrapped to.....which is why I have no storage space. I wonder what the guy would take for the picker. Is it worth $200? Scrap is low right now. Not that I want to own it; would just be a shame to see it scrapped!

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Ford mounted picker Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would love to have the whole thing. That would be much more rare than the picker on a Ford tractor. I have looked for years for a Ford picker on a JD tractor. I know they made the brackets but I never have seen one mounted on a JD tractor.

That Ford blue picker was one of the best ones ever made in my opinion.

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Ford mounted picker Reply to specific post Reply with quote

320 area code is central MN.

Fordfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Another Ford mounted picker Reply to specific post Reply with quote

$200 is the neighborhood I was thinking. Don't know if he'd go for that or not. Haven't looked at scrap prices in a while... sales literature says a 602 weighs up to 3095 pounds, depending on options.

tomstractorsandtoys1
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Ford mounted picker Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have seen a few other ford pickers mounted on WD or WD45 tractors.

JB(NC)
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Ford mounted picker Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm surprised at how good it looks too.Wish I could find a Ford mounted 1 row picker/sheller in that good of shape.I might could retire mine for use as a parts donor then.

Fordfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Another Ford mounted picker Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a cousin who is also interested in it. Unlike me, he has the cash to buy it if he deciedes to. We're wondering how hard it would be to either find or make mounting brackets to put it on a Ford - probably a 900/901, as they're the easiest to find with a narrow front around here. He's also wondering if $2k is reasonable... neither one of us is familiar with a WD.

JimEvans
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Ford mounted picker Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would love to have that outfit. We had a ford picker (a red one, not blue) on a WD45 when I was a little kid.

I remember that it was a all day job to put the picker on, especially since we had a wide front on the tractor. You had to remove the wide front, install single front wheel, remove lift arms, drawbar, seat, platform on back, widen the wheels out (we left them dished out all the time), install narrower brake pedal, picker brackets, engine shields,etc, etc. I also don't think the picker was a quick tach at all.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.