Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tractors sweating!??? Help

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnDeereJimOhio
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Tractors sweating!??? Help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My garage is well insulated we went from 12-20 degrees last week too 60 degrees today.. When I walked in the shop all my tractors I"m working on are soaked from sweating... How do I stop this?

Dale S
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Tractors sweating!??? Help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think you have to the shop warmer so the metal don"t get so cold.....I have this issue in the spring sometimes

chucksoliver77
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Tractors sweating!??? Help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

jim, you need to get some air flowing through the building, open the windows a little, vented soffits. if heated a dehumidifier would help. chuck

Dale S
Regular

Report to Moderator

Forgotthe word (keep) the shop warmer

todd hamilton
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Tractors sweating!??? Help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

that old iron gets cold and doesn"t warm up as fast as the air, sweats

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Tractors sweating!??? Help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One of two things, find a way to remove the moisture from that southern air before it gets to you, or keep your tractors warmer than the warm air mass that is coming. Don't open windows until you either heat the tractors or the humidity goes down or you will just get more sweating.

ohiojim
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Tractors sweating!??? Help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

if it's unheated you won't..mine looks like it rained in it

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Tractors sweating!??? Help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mine sweat in the unheated barn too. Nothing I can do about it.
As a reminder, if they sweat on the outside, they sweat on the inside.
Expect to find some water/moisture in the oils.

Ken Macfarlane
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Tractors sweating!??? Help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No pumping more warm wet air in to your cold tractor will just
make it sweat worse. Any time its colder than the dew point of the
air it will sweat.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Tractors sweating!??? Help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Easy to stop it you just make sure it has true control of heat and cold as in you keep it at say 70 degrees year round. Condensation is a fact to life unless you do things like heat and cool a building so as to keep it from being able to happen

John B.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Tractors sweating!??? Help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This means a good storm is headed your way! Believe me!!
Other signs to watch for too is;
Fluid filled tires sweating
Garage door opener works from a farther distance
Cars on a gravel road can be heard a mile away.
A person's voice will echo between the buildings.

These are just a few that I have noticed and can remember.

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Tractors sweating!??? Help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Plug in the coolant and oil heaters if equipped. The warmth will keep some of the critical areas of the machine from collecting condensation.

MSD
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Tractors sweating!??? Help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's how dehumidifiers work. Warm moist air meets cold and moistures condenses. My garage floor looks like it rained on it every spring till it equalizes temps.

Nebraska Cowman
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Tractors sweating!??? Help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's the same as the condensation on your beer can in the summer. If you drank warm beer it wouldn't do that.

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Tractors sweating!??? Help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You cannot unless you heat your garage.

Dean

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.