Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All this for That!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: All this for That! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't mind installing TA's in the red ones, but I'd rather fix a CASE. I guess these jobs put food on the table too. The second pic is taken out my back window looking SW. Yesterday temp 38 this morn 8 and a strong NW wind. The closest tower is about 3.5 mi, I zoomed in a little, Rod.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: All this for That! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rod, that is one IH job I really hated even though it pais well was TA's, done quite a few "86" series but never a "66" done 504/460 ect though,,, real glad it's you and not me,,, for those that don't know the last thing you take out of the trans case after splitting them twice is the TA

Moline_guy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: All this for That! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You do nice work, well organized. You should have talked the owner into putting in a straight shaft. Had one put in my 1466 12 years ago, and its never been opened up since.

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: All this for That! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nutty, When I did my first TA I thought, You have to be kidding me. They started with a TA and built a tractor around it. LOL, Rod.

chuck machinist
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: All this for That! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

WHOA! And I'm sweating over splitting my 411.Not any more! he he

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: All this for That! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have done several ta's, as well as the speed and range transmissions. They aren't that bad to do.

JT's RandR
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: All this for That! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We have ran several cases and ih tractors both over the years. We have a 560 with 16,000 hours on it and have only put one torque in it, and we have a 1066 with close to 10,000 hours on it and it still has the original torque. They are a pain to replace but a lot of the reason for them going out was the operators and how they were used.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: All this for That! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JT,
You are correct about proper operation and longevity. That being said back then there were a lot of lets say( less than smart tractor drivers) out there who were paid minimal wages to run tractors, or had to turn up the fuel screw when Dad wasn't looking, BTDT, and show dad how to get things done. TAs wouldn't take that abuse.
The Case RPS34 tranny was much more tollarant to abuse, and MUCH easier to rebuild if it failed.
Loren

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: All this for That! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

agree with you Bro, the new TA's I get from Hy Cap have a life time warrenty and I have only seen one fail that I installed and they paid parts and labor

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: All this for That! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the only ones that sucked to work on was the 86 series with the extra fuel tank along side, kind of a pita to get it out of there, haven't done since 2000

Agri King
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: All this for That! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rod you got to do one of those once and a while to appreciate a Case.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.