Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

claas rolant 66 loose bales

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: claas rolant 66 loose bales Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is there a trick to making good tight bales with a rolant 66
with net wrap. It seems to get better with a bigger windrow,
but still not as tight as I'd like.

oj
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: claas rolant 66 loose bales Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are you taking the pressure gauge up to the red before you tie the bale??? It does take a bit of horse power to make a tight bale. Not sure if a bigger windrow would help or not... RodinNS would likely know the best way to bale witha rollant baler, i know he uses them...

Edd in KY
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: claas rolant 66 loose bales Reply to specific post Reply with quote

RodinNS is the expert. I think he will help you out. He sure helped me.

You gotta take that bale gauge into the red zone and the tractor really begins to grunt.

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: claas rolant 66 loose bales Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We've run it up to the edge of the red. Haven't burried the needle. We've also tried allowing it to relax a few seconds and the needle goes back down, then a little more can be packed in there. That helps too. Its been run on a late 4020 diesel (95hp?) and a 4320 (115hp) and they don't work at all until the very end, and that only labors them a very little. Might not be comparing apples to apples, but they're no where near as tight as a john deere 466 bale that has been run on the same tractors. Is it just what you get comparing rolls to belts?

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: claas rolant 66 loose bales Reply to specific post Reply with quote

All I can tell you is,I bought some one year that were rolled with a Claas,4x5s. I unrolled them in the feed alley of the stanchion barn just like I always did with my Gehl 4x5s. There was just half as much hay in ones from the Claas.

oj
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: claas rolant 66 loose bales Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Roller bales or soft core belt bales will never be as tight as a hard core belt baler, it sounds like you should have enough horse power on the front.

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: claas rolant 66 loose bales Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I owned a Claas Rolant 56 baler. I wanted mesh wrap and Claas had the first one around here. There are several things to do that will help make a tighter bale.

1) Have good sized windrows.

2) Drive slower at the end of the bale. Let it make more revolutions so the outside is packed tighter.

3) Make sure your SCV is not slowly leaking off. This will let the pressure valve on the baler not hold the correct pressure.

4) Run the baler up into the Red just a little. Then like I said slow down and let it work on the bale a little. Then top it off with more hay. This time when you get to the top of the Green or even lower Red your bale is done.

5) Make sure your cylinders are not leaking across internally. This will let the baler not make very tight bales.

Do these things and you should have pretty good bales.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.