Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Case 2090

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaguar7421
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Case 2090 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good evening forum.
I"m thinking of buying a Y reg Case 2090 with 3400 genuine hours in fantastic condition with no oil leeks or drips.
Has anybody had any experience with this machine whether good or bad.
What would be a fair price ??
I"ve delved into the subject of getting parts for the machine and looked to see if there are any for sale in the uk and it appears that they are as rare as hens teeth which makes me think availability of parts especially the interior trim may be slim. Has anybody any info of a supplier of parts etc. many thanks in advance.
Steve

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 2090 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

they are good tractors and with those low hrs should be good to go for some time yet, the power shift trans if abused can give problems but that is the way with almost anything abused, as to parts they are not a problem at all here, engine parts are available thru CNH or several aftermarket suppliers

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 2090 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My comments here are about as usful as dead flashlight batteries, but there is a good supplier for cab upholstery and trim, here in the US, but when my compuker crashed I lost their website. I got it from someone on this site, so perhaps they will chime in. As far as price there is one listed on the Photo adds now, but it is in the USA.
Loren

retired farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 2090 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't know what a Y reg is. I do know what a Case 2090 and a 2290 and a 2590 is. Have driven them for eleven years where I work, and if you want my honest opinion, you couldn't GIVE me one even if you paid for fuel and parts. The only good thing I can say about them is, the engine is good and they don't overheat unless something is wrong. Transmission is weak, pto is so so if not used all the time, phony universal joint on the bottom of steering shaft under dash prone to breaking and then you have no steering, rough riding, don't want to start when it is cold out, don't ever run them out of fuel or you will spend all day trying to get fuel back in the lines, can't remove lower hitch arms. I could go on. I will be so glad when I don't have to drive them anymore.

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Case 2090 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey brother of Einstein, a 504 will start very good if in decent condition, as for running out of fuel that's what the fuel gauge is for, when it says E put more in, I am not sure what your problem with bleeding the fuel is, remove the bleeder screw on the primary filter, the primary ought to gravity bleed then open the screw on the secondary filter and pump the hand primer, some think the 2090 is kind of a pooch and not very snappy as it doesn't have a turbo, I think the 451 with a charger would have been a nice engine in it, good used hard parts for the powershift are hard to find for the 20-2290

oldtanker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 2090 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

dboll wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:06:45 01/13/13) Hey brother of Einstein, a 504 will start very good if in decent condition, as for running out of fuel that's what the fuel gauge is for, when it says E put more in, I am not sure what your problem with bleeding the fuel is, remove the bleeder screw on the primary filter, the primary ought to gravity bleed then open the screw on the secondary filter and pump the hand primer, some think the 2090 is kind of a pooch and not very snappy as it doesn't have a turbo, I think the 451 with a charger would have been a nice engine in it, good used hard parts for the powershift are hard to find for the 20-2290

LOL he's right. Best advice I got as a young man was from a old guy who gave me a ride when I was out of gas. "keep the top half full and the bottom half never runs dry".

Rick

John Saeli
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 2090 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Several of us that contribute to this forum can supply parts, including Cab Kits. Parts not a problem. As the owner of several '90 series, I can say they are great tractors. The 504 in the 2090 is so toned down, that it will last lifetime. Compare the 110hp 2090, & how it is built, to a 110hp tractor built today. No comparison. I would say that $4,500 would be a true bargain. I will throw out that figure. I would not sell mine for that.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.