Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT - Shop Progress

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed S. (IL)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: OT - Shop Progress Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, since the 8N has only had one short snow moving opportunity so far this winter, I've been working on finishing out my heated workshop (so I can get some woodworking projects underway, including a work island for the kitchen and built-in cabinets for the dining room).

I started this a couple years ago, and once I got heat in it, it got used a good bit, to the point where it was getting too cluttered to work in. So over the holiday break from work, I cleaned it all out, and spent most of today degreasing and etching the floor in preparation for painting. Then I'll do a second coat on the trim and clean up around the edges, and it will be time to hang wall cabinets and finally get all the piles out in the machine shed sorted and filed away.

Of course, as I write this, we're getting snow and sleet, so who knows what tomorrow brings?!

es

GEO/2/NS

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - Shop Progress Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice looking shop,should enjoy many hours there. George

duey
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - Shop Progress Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I do suppose in too short a time, this room will be overfull... shops GET that way.... but it looks well lit and looks like it has ENOUGH outlets!!

Good Job!!!

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - Shop Progress Reply to specific post Reply with quote

duey wrote:
(quoted from post at 23:34:11 01/12/13) I do suppose in too short a time, this room will be overfull... shops GET that way.... but it looks well lit and looks like it has ENOUGH outlets!!

Good Job!!!
They do all start out empty! But life is something else. & events, etc. take over & one day you open the door &..........

duey
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - Shop Progress Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If that is your operation, it might seem like you're running in twenty directions at once... on the OTHER hand, it looks like you're a fair distance from COLD weather.... Smile That's not all bad!!

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - Shop Progress Reply to specific post Reply with quote

duey wrote:
(quoted from post at 01:15:34 01/13/13) If that is your operation, it might seem like you're running in twenty directions at once... on the OTHER hand, it looks like you're a fair distance from COLD weather.... Smile That's not all bad!!
It isn't mine. I just saw it once and thought it sort of mimicked mine before my last move: (Yeah, I know, we sure wish we had kept the Camaro too!!!!!!Sad

TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: OT - Shop Progress Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JMOR wrote:
(quoted from post at 01:19:51 01/13/13)
duey wrote:
(quoted from post at 01:15:34 01/13/13) If that is your operation, it might seem like you're running in twenty directions at once... on the OTHER hand, it looks like you're a fair distance from COLD weather.... Smile That's not all bad!!
It isn't mine. I just saw it once and thought it sort of mimicked mine before my last move: (Yeah, I know, we sure wish we had kept the Camaro too!!!!!!Sad

What did you use the broom for?

TOH

boler76
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: OT - Shop Progress Reply to specific post Reply with quote

well my take on a shop is that if you do nothing you will always have a clean shop

HillsofTn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: OT - Shop Progress Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Alright, JMOR:

Where did you hide the rest of that TO20?

Ed S. (IL)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: OT - Shop Progress Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yeah, mine wasn't quite *that* cluttered, but was getting close. I figured when I got to the point where it was taking longer to find tools and materials than it did to actually do a job, it was time to clean house!

es

MoMac
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: OT - Shop Progress Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok JMOR, When did you sneak over to my place and take that picture? Seems like the Camero was swapped for some outboards but otherwise the same place. LOL. Mike

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: OT - Shop Progress Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TheOldHokie wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:52:58 01/13/13)
JMOR wrote:
duey wrote:

TOH
It is related to SHMBO.........the little path down the right side of Camaro leads to washer & dryer & kitchen door & access to those seemed important to her? What can I say?

TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: OT - Shop Progress Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JMOR wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:04:16 01/13/13)
TheOldHokie wrote:
JMOR wrote:
duey wrote:

TOH
It is related to SHMBO.........the little path down the right side of Camaro leads to washer & dryer & kitchen door & access to those seemed important to her? What can I say?

I did notice the washer/dryer and refrigerator door in the picture and was surprised you were getting that much lattitude Wink

TOH

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: OT - Shop Progress Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TheOldHokie wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:38:13 01/13/13)
JMOR wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:04:16 01/13/13)
TheOldHokie wrote:
JMOR wrote:
duey wrote:

TOH

I did notice the washer/dryer and refrigerator door in the picture and was surprised you were getting that much lattitude Wink

TOH
It is kind of surprising, for sure, as she had to park the newest vehicle the family owned outside (her MB had a hood). Couldn't let the front end of the Camarro get rained on! The only non-negotiable rule, as I recall was DON"T PILE ANY CRAP ON TOP OF THE WASHING MACHINE!

MoMac
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: OT - Shop Progress Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Noticed the broom leaning up against the Camero. I guess my ex must have stopped by.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.