Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

troybilt carb

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericlb
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: troybilt carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i recentlyu bought a troybilt big red powerhorse, it has a unused brush chipper with it too, the thing has not been run in some time, and i got it running now, but... the float bowl on the carb is rusted thru, the thing was full of rust up past the float and needle and seat, so im trying to find at least a bowl, a whole good carb would be beter this one is nasty! where should i start looking? i have no idea how old the tiller is, model is 12153, serial is 12153110034,if anybody knows how to tell, thanks

t.r.k.

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: troybilt carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The engine has its own model number, spec. number and serial number. You need those numbers in order to get parts for it.

I have seen Troybilt Horses with Kohler, and Tecumseh engines that I thought were factory installed. And I have seen Briggs and Stratton and Chinese engines on them that I was sure were replacements.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: troybilt carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The other guy is correct you need to figure out who made the engine before you can find any parts for it. Should have numbers and name stamped into the flywheel cover or some such place. And or if you can not find that a picture may help us help you

ericlb
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: troybilt carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

this one has a 11 horse briggs on it, i'll see if i can find some numbers on the engine tomorrow

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: troybilt carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Horizontal or vertical shaft?? I could well have parts laying around since I also mess with a lot of old lawn mowers etc

El Toro
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: troybilt carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The engine numbers should be the fan shroud on the engine. I had one of those tillers with the 11 hp engine. I don't think they made a lot of them as they were pricey. Hal

ericlb
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: troybilt carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

this one has a horizontal shaft,

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: troybilt carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was afraid you would say that. LOL Do not have any of the larger B/S engines like that all the ones I have have the vertical shafts so the carbs are different

ericlb
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: troybilt carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ok here is what i found on the engine, its a 11 horse, briggs industrial plus, the model number is 256427, it also has 2 other numbers on the tag they are 'type, which is 1140E, and "code" which is 9708133A, if anybody has a carb, or a float bowl, to sell id appreciate it, troybilt says this unit was built in 1998, but this one has has so little use that the rubber "hairs", are still on the tires, probably ought to save this one

ACSam
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: troybilt carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you have not found one yet, I have a parts carb that is not exactly like yours but I think you can use the parts from it to fix yours. I will give it to you. It has throttle plate issues and I am going to scrap it. All I ask is to reimburse me for shipping. My email is
sambonwell at yahoo.com. Use carb parts as subject.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.