Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT Need remote control

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom N MS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: OT Need remote control Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Need remote control for a Harbor Freight Item #95912 3000 pound 12 volt winch. I have written HF but their response reliability rating is kinda low..Some say it is not available..surely there is one laying around somewhere.any thoughts/recommendations? Thanks

John730D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Need remote control Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Do you need one that is wired, or wireless? eBay has both types that are a universal fit.

L. B,
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Need remote control Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TNM you have really helped me out on a few things so this is NOT personal. hf is nothing but junk from the land of not even close,and I cannot say I have all USA stuff. I exhaust every option and deal locally or with Northern Tool, they label USA or import and really backup their stuff. So take that hf catalog and put it in file 13. Like I told the people at Cabelas a few years ago when I stopped buying 90% of my hunting and fishing clothes, Buck knives ect I can get the same imported stuff at walmart. Cabelas had always stood proud with their Made in the USA stuff, not anymore.Respectfully , The flag waving L.B

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Need remote control Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As asked if wired or radio control type. If the wire type that is an easy fix just buy a switch and a couple wire ends that will fit and rig it up. If a radio remote check at radio shack type may have a universal one that could be programed to work

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Need remote control Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Over the years I have picked up stuff from H-F northern and other such places. I have found all of them sell junk and also sell some pretty good stuff. Most of the time I think it is the luck of the draw or careful shopping.
By the way not arguing with you just stating what I have run into over the years

Tom N MS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Need remote control Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is the wireless..belongs to my brother so not in front of me but undoubtably just a toggle switch could be rigged up if no universal is available. Thanks

Tom N MS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Need remote control Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree-HF carries lots of junk..not taken personally at all..Thanks

Tom N MS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Need remote control Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree- I have bought some stuff from HF that was worth what I paid--lots of it is poor quality.

Tom N MS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Need remote control Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wireless--will check ebay-don't know why I didn't think about them..Thanks

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Need remote control Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Being a wireless makes it a bit harder but that just means there is a relay inside that the radio controller set to on or off or if a 2 way to in, neutral or out but yes could be done

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Need remote control Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ya and now days it seems no matter where you buy something you have to be on guard as to if it will be worth any thing or junk. A lot of times when I buy a alternator or starter I have them check it before I walk out of the store since I have had more then one that I installed and it was not worth my time to install

Farmer(Ga)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Need remote control Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I biught one from HF and had it installed on an utv and used it only once, The battery went dead on the remote, went back to HF and ask for a replacement, The guy that i was talking too said he didnt know if i could get one or not but so happen he had an extry one and gave it to me but it didnt work either, Its been about 2+ years now and it still don.t work. LOL James

Ken(Ark)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Need remote control Reply to specific post Reply with quote

http://manuals.harborfreight.com/manuals/95000-95999/95912.pdf

Looks like it is a simple set up , two button remote .
"A" sends a signal to activate one relay and "B" send a signal to activate the other ?

The relays are probably a normally open circuit and close when a signal is received . You would be able to add switches to work without removing the radio receiver in case the remote should become lost or malfunction .

You can add switches to the side of the box and add a second plug in cable also . the system will not care how many normally open switches you add . Only one needs to close to operate .

A spring loaded On/Off/On rocker switch would be prefered so the A & B circuits could not be closed at the same time and open the circuit when pressure was released .

Tom N MS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Need remote control Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ken,Thanks- Good to have the operator manual.

Ken(Ark)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Need remote control Reply to specific post Reply with quote

L. B, wrote:

hf is nothing but junk

My $150 HF bead blasting cabinet is a jewel . I am sure the Snap on cabinet would be better for professional use , but at eight times the price it would not be appropriate for the hobby work I use mine for .

My tubing double flaring tool works great the dozen times I have used it , but again the top of the line would be the way to go if i used it ten times a week .

My cheap 36" , 24" & 18" pipe and crescent wrenches have do me well over the years .

No problems with the engine hoist , pneumatic 40 ton hydraulic bottle jack ......

There are a few tools that barely work once , you just need to get a feel for them or better yet ask here before buying a more expensive item from Harbor freight .

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.