Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

kid dream/always wanted

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ford farming
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: kid dream/always wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

my grampa and dad owned a ford tractor dealership ,when i was 1 yr old dad brought home a 8000 and grandma took picture of me standing beside front wheel ,dads brother had bought a 8000 new and still has some 15000 hrs later, growing up working in dealership always loved when 1 was traded in or being worked on , always thought the look was good and drive and sound great.last year i found a 72 model same year i was born so i bought it and have on my farm,also my boys love it , heres pics of then and now.

Vito
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: kid dream/always wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's cool! Enjoy it.

Vito

ford farming
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: kid dream/always wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

8000 is nice , tach was bad - fixed, i have a original seat for it , the muffler went bad and previous owner thought new holland wanted too much so straight pipe but doesnt sound too bad. i found a good used muffler at junk yard and also found a m & w turbo kit -minus a tubo, but found a brand new turbo that crosses over and fits so i got that kit for tractor, i grew up on a 6000 ford w/m & w turbo plowing and working ground.

Oaf
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: kid dream/always wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Right on! As we used to say back in the 70s....

Ford9000puller
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: kid dream/always wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like its in pretty good shape. I bought a 72 a couple of years ago. Its hard to beat the 8/9000 in my book. Guess thats why we have two 9000's and the 8000. Next I want to find one with a cab like your first picture. I love seeing those old pictures. Do you have any of the 6000?

ford farming
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: kid dream/always wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yes, we have a 63 6000 w/turbo and factory rail duals, also have a 61 red 6000

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: kid dream/always wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have thought for a long time that the 8000/9000s had a special look to them but I always thought it was me. Here is my 9000.

I have replace the seat since taking this pic.

Brian in MA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: kid dream/always wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is a big step from the ground to the platform on that tractor!

Ford9000puller
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: kid dream/always wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Do you have any pics of the 6000's? We've got a 61, a 63, and a 65 Commander. There is a video of me plowing with the 61 on youtube under 1961 Ford 6000 plowing. It is a red mounted 118 plow that someone cut down to 4 bottoms.

ford farming
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: kid dream/always wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

heres a picture of a picture (not the best) fo the 6000s

FordTractorMan
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: kid dream/always wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's a sharp 9000. Where'd you find the tricycle front end for it? I've never seen one except in old brochures.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: kid dream/always wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

FordTractorMan wrote:
(quoted from post at 09:08:45 01/18/13) That's a sharp 9000. Where'd you find the tricycle front end for it? I've never seen one except in old brochures.

I got it from a "Red" friend. it is from an H, but it almost bolts right up.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.