Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Case 930 Oil Pressure

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fairchm
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Case 930 Oil Pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have about 10 hours on my 930 c/k after a complete engine rebuild. All has been fine until I recently noticed that my oil pressure has started fluctuating. Runs about 40psi, then drops to 20 and appears to randomly swing back and forth.

I do have some additional potentially useful information.

It has recently dropped below freezing for the first time since I owned the tractor. The oil appears to be clean and free of water. I"ve changed the oil and filter once since the rebuild (15W-40).

A new oil pump was not available during the rebuild, so I selected a lightly used unit. Cleaned it , checked clearances.

Never seen like before. Any one have ideas?

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 930 Oil Pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Did you check your gage?

casecollectorsc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 930 Oil Pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are the bearings the same clearance as the crankshaft is ground to? In otherwards a crank ground .020 under needs bearings to correspond. I overhauled a 403 IH combine engine one time and ordered the bearings and put engine together and back on combine and when engine was warm 10# pressure. Take it off and back apart. They had given me std. bearings on a .020 shaft. I learned to check after that.

DKase
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 930 Oil Pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 54 DC that does that when it is 1 qt low on oil. There must be a leak in the suction line to the oil pump. Possibility if the gauge checks out OK.

fairchm
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Case 930 Oil Pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the tips. I purchased an extra gauge and need to hook it up. I'd dismissed the gauge as a possibility as I didn't think a bad gauge could cause such odd behavior.

In regards to bearing clearances, I didn't make it clear but the pressure was rock solid at 40 psi for the first 10 hours then suddenly started acting up.

Oil pump sucking air is an interesting idea. I don't remember any O-rings or other sealing devices on the oil pump inlet. Need to look at the manual again.

Thanks again

fairchm
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 930 Oil Pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Verified today that the problem is not the oil gauge.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.