Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

drain tile at the wrong time of the year.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larry NEIL
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: drain tile at the wrong time of the year. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My horse shed backs right up to the barn overhang but the floor is 3.5' lower than the barn floor. Got a concrete wall that I poured around the horse shed and put a 4" drain tile behind the wall to keep the horse shed dry. It also takes water from one downspout.
With the rain we just had, water is oozing up in the end stall and made a swamp in their and in front of the horse shed. Neighbors 8 yr girl likes to hang with the grandaughter and admitted trying to wet a rag at the downspout and lost it in the tile with the rush of water from the roof.
Got the tile, and renting a mini hoe tomorrow with 5 loads of gravel to get rid of the swamp. Went in with the skid steer tonight and pulled lots of horse crap and mud out, hope I can get through the 6" of frost with the mini hoe.
How this kind of crap don't happen in July?

Larry NEIL
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: drain tile at the wrong time of the year. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Little Bobcat mini hoe worked well with a 1' bucket. Got the ditch dug out in short time and then put in the perforated drain tile with 3/4" clear stone over it. Finished all that tuesday

Today had appt. with heart Doc then came home and nephew (operator) came over cleaning up mud and shaping corall area. got a 4"-6" layer of 3/4" clear rock spread on filter fabric., Got 3 more loads of CA-6 to put over the clear.
Hope to finish tomorrow.

VicS
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: drain tile at the wrong time of the year. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds like you fixed it good. Wished I had put in tile under my horse barn. I did put it on a mound and built it on about 6 inches of ca16 chips. Every year after I clean it out, I carry a few loader buckets of chips back in. That has been going on for 22 years. The horses have tracked the chips about 50 ft from the barn, by the water and hay-ring. Can walk out there most times in your leather boots. Has worked better than I ever dreamed. Vic

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: drain tile at the wrong time of the year. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Was wondering how it went, thanks for the update.

Paul

Larry NEIL
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: drain tile at the wrong time of the year. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some pictures of the 3?4" clear goiong in over thje filter fabric. My nephew is an operator in the skid steer and my Son, Chris was helpin with the fabric. new drain tile goes accross the front of the horse shed.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Using Your Tractor & Crop Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.