Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A walk through a tractor boneyard, (Picture heavy)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patrick HMD
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: A walk through a tractor boneyard, (Picture heavy) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just pictures, that's all.
F-20

F-20

A super M, part of it painted with a hand brush. Check out that crazy stack.

A very collectable SMV rusting away.

An F-30?

A very solid looking M with it's sheet metal parted out. (I guess)

Looks like a W-9?

Looks like very tight quarters.

A super M (I think) overgrown with Texas cactus.

Another highly desirable, highly collectable SMTA rusting away.

The M on the left has a nice roller on the drawbar.

Last parting shot. Looks like another F-30

There were a lot more believe me, It's just that I got tired of snapping pictures and it was getting late and I had to go.

The place is a 3 hour drive from my house up in north Texas. I've been there twice, and both times when I knocked on the door, no one was home. So I don't know if the owner is a seller, horder, collector, or when I'll be able to get back up there again.. Wouldn't mind having that SMV to restore. No telling what he want for it.

Patrick
'49M

brian brooks
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: A walk through a tractor boneyard, (Picture heavy) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The one you said super m ,i think, is a diesel notice the exhaust on the right side.

Patrick HMD
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: A walk through a tractor boneyard, (Picture heavy) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing that out. I should have known that. It's just that I have not really looked at that picture that close, but I see it now that you mention it. At a quick qlance I just saw the array of hoses off the live pump, and looked no further, and quessed SM. I didn't see the tractor up close. That was shot with a telephoto. I'll edit it

Patrick
'49M

Nope, can't get back in to edit. Oh well.

Last edited by Patrick HMD on Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Bob7337

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: A walk through a tractor boneyard, (Picture heavy) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If the owner was not at home,why were you going arround looking at someones stuff without permission? Don't sound like you have any respect for other people. Shame on you!

M Nut
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: A walk through a tractor boneyard, (Picture heavy) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just something to think about, do you think he owner would be very
happy to find photos of his things on the internet taken by someone
I didn't know when I wasn't home? I know I wouldn't.

sflem849
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: A walk through a tractor boneyard, (Picture heavy) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

brian brooks wrote:
(quoted from post at 00:24:43 01/15/13) The one you said super m ,i think, is a diesel notice the exhaust on the right side.

Where are you talking? That red tractor is a SM, no way is it a diesel. You can see the carb and gov plain as day. The exhaust is also on the left.

The W-9 appears to be a WR-9 with the big flat fenders and I think I see a hand clutch. Should also have foot throttle (it actually slowed you down from high idle) but you can't see it.

Last edited by sflem849 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Baelee05
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: A walk through a tractor boneyard, (Picture heavy) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

While those are nice pictures you are a little out of line for
taking them and posting them. Wandering uninvited around
on someone's property is a good way to get shot.

RegulaRog
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: A walk through a tractor boneyard, (Picture heavy) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The tractor in the top pic is a Regular, not an F-20

John M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: A walk through a tractor boneyard, (Picture heavy) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The one he is referring to is a diesel!

kennell
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: A walk through a tractor boneyard, (Picture heavy) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing Patrick. pics are very cool. Kent

kennell
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: A walk through a tractor boneyard, (Picture heavy) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing Patrick. pics are very cool. Kent

Hugh McKinney
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: A walk through a tractor boneyard, (Picture heavy) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Like th' man said, Shame on you! Now, where is this place, I live in Louisiana near Shreveport, it can't be very far from me...I really would like to know if the guy would part out that 450....oh, I mean, SHAME ON YOU! Hugh

sflem849
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: A walk through a tractor boneyard, (Picture heavy) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

John M wrote:
(quoted from post at 06:51:13 01/15/13) The one he is referring to is a diesel!

I see it. It is the rusty red and white one. I only saw the bright red one on my first trip through.

Matt E.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: A walk through a tractor boneyard, (Picture heavy) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The W-9 or W-9R has power steering also but it looks like a farmer fix. I see the hand clutch. Pops has a 1952 WD-9 parts tractor with a hand clutch on it sitting at the farm in Montana.

I like seeing all the cool stuff this guy has but I don't think I could walk around his property snapping pictures either. On the other hand, it looks like all of it has been sitting for some time without being bothered either. Too bad it will all likely rot into the ground without someone being able to enjoy it again. The guy had a good eye for grabbing up what was collectable didn't he?

CenTex Farmall
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: A walk through a tractor boneyard, (Picture heavy) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Judging by the trees and scrub, looks like you're in the Decatur/Wichita falls/Weatherford area. Looks like an active collection of some sort. I see other brands and colors and also a good looking trailer. The numbers on the hood of the brushed M look like it recently came from an auction.

That WF MD would be nice! I wouldnt' mind having a school bus either, not sure what I'd do with it though.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.