Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Snow blade retrofit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimmyjack
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Snow blade retrofit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

After seeing the recent pictures of adding pipe etc. to blades to keep from digging up the drive, I decided to try a few things. I made some changes after seeing the pictures here and I could post pictures of them if someone could be good enough to let me email them the pictures and repost here. I am not having luck posting these pictures. They may or may not work, but someone might be interested in a little different approach.

Tom Bond
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Snow blade retrofit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Send 'em to me JJ...I'll post 'em.. tlvm@comcast.net

Jimmyjack
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Snow blade retrofit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks, Im trying, J

Tom Bond
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Snow blade retrofit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Uploading these for Jimmyjack.

3000OH
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Snow blade retrofit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Interesting, thanks for posting (and thanks for helping him, TB).

I've heard of using a box blade, never tried it.

We have an identical Freeman on our Ford 3000 and I'd thought about a setup like this (until we got our 3400 w/loader last yr). Nice work putting it together. Have you used it yet? It looks like you have the Freeman SA lift cyls - do you have a float position (how did you do it?) and, if not, how well does it work without one? Someone on the Ford forum (Ultradog?) has said that lack of float made it a PIA for him. Last question, how well do the front blade runners work when the blade is angled? Do they swivel around and point forward like they're supposed to?

When I was thinking about our Freeman, I was always concerned about the relatively light frame, that I might prang it even with trip springs on the blade.

Jimmyjack
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Snow blade retrofit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just finished it for the neighbor, supposed to snow tomorrow. We will find out.

sotxbill
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: Snow blade retrofit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

bet it will crack the loader arms within three years due to sideways pressure.

chevytaHOE5674
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Snow blade retrofit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

sotxbill wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:44:16 01/16/13)
bet it will crack the loader arms within three years due to sideways pressure.

I've been pushing snow with a plow on a loader for more years than I can remember and no cracked loader arms...

Jimmyjack
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Snow blade retrofit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We have too, no problems so far, these modifications
were added because of the goofy winter we are
having, where we thaw and freeze often. Once the
base is frozen, the shoes arent really necessary. We
plow deep snow and push up fairly high banks. Never
saw a crack yet! In three years Ill give it a good
inspection.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.