Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oliver 77 pistons and compression heights

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh Blackburn
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Oliver 77 pistons and compression heights Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would like to know the compression height on Oliver 77 3-9/16 pistons and if anyone has a used set for sale. Thank you

6pack
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 77 pistons and compression heights Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Josh, I have 6 3.75" 88 pistons, would have to put new sleeves in... 88 has ball park 2.25" compression height... And take the same wrist pin I think

If you really want to get wild I have some 4.125" out of a waukesha 320 that are like new!!!

Josh Blackburn
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver 77 pistons and compression heights Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for offer but it's for a friends engine build and not going
in Oliver and needs To know the compression height on the 77
pistons if anyone knows

ss409
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver 77 pistons and compression heights Reply to specific post Reply with quote

2.3125 compression height. 1.25 wrist pin. you can punch the 77 sleeve to 3.75 n run 88 3.75 bore pistons.

Dblair
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 77 pistons and compression heights Reply to specific post Reply with quote

2.3125 is the comp hgt as ss409 said

Last edited by Dblair on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Earl-IL
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 77 pistons and compression heights Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The spec in my old Geuine Parts book shows the Oliver 77 with 3 9/16 flat top piston with a 2.285 comp height. & Super 77 with 3.750 bore flat head piston comp. height as 2.281. Genuine made the old TSC piston & sleeve sets. Earl

nl00sb
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 77 pistons and compression heights Reply to specific post Reply with quote

josh im a friend or 2 bangers i have an oliver buddy if you would like his number send me an emial or text 585 727 4768 ps i would like to chat on a jd b build too emails open

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Pulling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.