Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sears david bradly hay wagon dump hoist

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Price
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Sears david bradly hay wagon dump hoist Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is a hay wagon I picked up. After I got it home I noticed there was a hoist under it. It didnt look like it had been used in 40 years. I rebuilt it and tried it out today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KwO9bcqUWs

Untitled URL Link

Kirk-NJ
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: Sears david bradly hay wagon dump hoist Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have the same wagon different maker. I think mine was from the elctric wheel co. if I remember correctly which probably made it for sers. I wanted to fix it up but just have too many projects so I'll probably sell it.

Hogleg
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: Sears david bradly hay wagon dump hoist Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Michael,

I have one also that has not been used since the 70's according to the PO. What did you do to check out the hydraulic cylinder without contaminating your hydro in the tractor? I have no idea what sort of old fluid or stuff may be in the cylinder.... It is capped by a male quick connect so it is sealed.

John

tractor300

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Sears david bradly hay wagon dump hoist Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep, Sear's wagons were made by Electric Wheel in Quincy, 25 miles from me, which is now owned by Titan Wheel. They also made wagons for other company's too, like Ward's etc.

Michael Price
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Sears david bradly hay wagon dump hoist Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The ram was full of all kinds of garbage, I tore the whole thing apart and cleaned it out then replaced all the seals. Should be good as new now.

Tim(nj)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Sears david bradly hay wagon dump hoist Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kirk, I have a neighbor down here that might be interested in that wagon and hoist if you want to sell it. Shoot me an e-mail.

Tim(nj)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Sears david bradly hay wagon dump hoist Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry, e-mail didn't enable. tpaulus<>@<>embarqmail<>.com
remove the <> before sending.

Ol' Gimpy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears david bradly hay wagon dump hoist Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You have a Grove "Economy" gear,built near Shady Grove,Pa. They were very popular here in Maryland. Not sure about the hoist,if it has a tag somewhere on it,you may see David Bradley. I think? also Grove built hoist units too.

Tim(nj)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears david bradly hay wagon dump hoist Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That would make sense, since there was a dealer near Flemington, NJ that sold a bunch of Grove wagons over the years.

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears david bradly hay wagon dump hoist Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's possible the hoist is a Midwest, made in Ida Grove Iowa but I'm not sure on that. Some of the framework doesn't look like a Midwest, but???
A Midwest hoist was red with a industrial yellow cylinder. Be careful not to hit the upper stop too hard with a modern tractor. When that hoist was made most tractors only had half the hydraulic pressure the new ones have and that's the pressure the cylinder was designed for. Jim

Michael Price
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears david bradly hay wagon dump hoist Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I figured back in the 50s they had a lot lower hydraulic pressure. If you notice in the video I stopped right before it maxed out for that reason.

I painted the hoist the original colors,it was green and red.

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears david bradly hay wagon dump hoist Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'll have to scratch my head awhile on the green and red. Seems like I've seen a green and red hoist somewhere. Jim

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.