Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6V generator

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoMac
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: 6V generator Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello. I'm looking for all the original generator tensioning spring parts for a '47 2N. I figure there must be a pile of them out there with everyone converting to alternators. Also looking for one of those open factory cabs or info about them. Thanks, Mike.

Del Huebner
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: 6V generator Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I found just the opposite to be true on the Generator Tensioner. They are very hard to find.
Hope you have better luck than I did.

HCooke
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: 6V generator Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Generators are easy to find, the tensioner more difficult. They show up on ebay from time to time.

Dave in Wyoming
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: 6V generator Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I found the complete set up at a Tractor repair shop close by. My neighbor up the road got a nice 2N with a cobbles up mess for a Genny, and I told him I would help him find the right parts. Just so happened the tractor shop had just converted a 9N over to 12 volts, and had all the parts we needed. They weren't real cheap though. Best of Luck!!
Dave

GB in MT.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: 6V generator Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mike;
Here is what I have left of the tensioner set-up!! NO genny band was on my 3 brush genny.....the PO, had drilled the genny case for the rear bracket. Everything else is here.
I changed my 2N over to an early 8N charging system, and do not need this anymore.......:

My email button is open @ the bottom of this reply, on the Modern side of the forum!!!
Only cost ya shipping and $5565.32, to own this!!!!!! Laughing (Just kidding)
Shoot me an email and we can talk!!!

Gary Wink

MoMac
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: 6V generator Reply to specific post Reply with quote

GB, couldn't email from modern view. I'm interested. Mike

GB in MT.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: 6V generator Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Momac wrote:
(quoted from post at 11:22:33 01/18/13) GB, couldn't email from modern view. I'm interested. Mike

Call me now @ 406-677-2526

GB

MoMac
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 6V generator Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry I missed your reply GB. Been in and out all day. Tried calling but got busy tone. I'll keep trying. Mike

MoMac
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: 6V generator Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for all the replies and a big thanks to GB for the good conversation and help with the parts.

GB in MT.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 6V generator Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Momac wrote:
(quoted from post at 09:48:41 01/19/13) Thanks for all the replies and a big thanks to GB for the good conversation and help with the parts.

Mike;
Got your MO, today....thank you!!
Parts are boxed and addressed, and will go out in tomorrow mornings mail.
'small Flat Rate Priority Mail'!!!

Enjoy...........
Gary Wink

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.