Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'R' INJECTOR NOZZLES

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jon barton
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: 'R' INJECTOR NOZZLES Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i"m rebuilding the big motor in my "R". the injector nozzles are no good. john deere doesn"t have anything for this model. does anyone know of a shop or place that rebuilds these nozzles or has them in stock? are there any other injectors that will interchange with the "R"?? thanks for any help

Rich Duane
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: 'R' INJECTOR NOZZLES Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jon,
Are your nozzles plugged or what? I have had a lot of luck cleaning them for a gentleman in Hamstead, MD that overhauls the pumps and injectors. His name is Stewart Graf 4203 Hunter Rd. Hampstead,Md phone is 443-375-1946.
Rich

jon barton
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: 'R' INJECTOR NOZZLES Reply to specific post Reply with quote

my injectors have unrepairable nozzles or tips. i need new or used parts to fix them. i called stewart graf and he couldn"t help me. i had another man call and tell me where i could buy them for $361 plus a $100 core charge....EACH! i was hoping someone had gone this route before and could direct me to a source for repair or new or used parts. i was also hoping that there might be some other john deere model that might interchange with the "R". thanks for your reply.

DGK
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: 'R' INJECTOR NOZZLES Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Check ebay, I see them on there a lot. Doug

skip33652
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 'R' INJECTOR NOZZLES Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have tips for an r if thats what ya need .6o5 six 85 three463 nozzles or needles and seats from 4010 will work for bendix injectors

russ turner
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 'R' INJECTOR NOZZLES Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TRY ALBERT @RrENASENCE TRACTOR IN WASHINGTON
800 784 0026 They do an excelent job of rebuilding fuel systems and have used parts

jon barton
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 'R' INJECTOR NOZZLES Reply to specific post Reply with quote

skip...i am interested in the parts you have ...is there a way to contact you? thanks

Rwolfejr
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: 'R' INJECTOR NOZZLES Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Try John at Odon Machine in Odon Indiana. He rebuilt mine and they're fine and dandy.

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 'R' INJECTOR NOZZLES Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just bore the head to take the later 70,80 etc injectors.

jon barton
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 'R' INJECTOR NOZZLES Reply to specific post Reply with quote

buickanddeere...could you elaborate on the 70-80 injector conversion. do things hook up without modifications and will the "R" injector pump work for the non-R injectors? what else does it involve? have you done this conversion? thanks for the reply

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: 'R' INJECTOR NOZZLES Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Never done it myself but the R pullers do it all the time to obtain 830 power from an R. They update the pumps to 13mm too.
The info is in the two cylinder service manual. iirc the R uses the same 10mm pumps as the 70,80 and early 820.

JDGnut
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 'R' INJECTOR NOZZLES Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You need to know which pistons are in the tractor if you are going to change over to the later injectors... if you still have the R pistons with the precombustion chamber in them.. then you need to stick with the spray angle of the R injectors... the injector hole in the head needs to be bigger if you are going to the later injectors.. its an easy task.. but its been too long since doing one to remember how much bigger you have to go.. Its not much.. but has to be done...
Good Luck... cool tractors...
Bryan

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.