Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Todays project

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Fitz
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Todays project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Monday morning I bit the bullet and bought a 730CK, the seller got the loader off last night and I got to pick it up this morning. A 15 mile drive later and it is at home. After lunch the cab comes off for someone to pick up tomorrow. I got one set of steps off my junker 730 and put on, the other steps, grab rails, and some odds and ends will come later. It seems to run good. Now comes the fun part, getting to see what it can do, I will get to compare it to my DC and 450, this should be fun.Mike

Bruce from Can.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Todays project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just my opinion but, it looks 100% better cab off. Would be warmer in the cab if you had to be out in rough weather,and the seat would stay dry. Just a real nice tractor for many jobs,I have one too. Bruce

Paul A Young
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Todays project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If it's healthy it will stand right up with your 450. It looks great!

Ronald in NWMO
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Todays project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's a good looking tractor now. I have two of them. I think you will like it.

armand tatro
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Todays project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hate to say it but tractor looked a lot better with the cab! Armand

Bruce from Can.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: Todays project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

For the door in that cab to work good for you , a person has to be 4 foot 13" and wieght only 120lbs. Think that cuts most of us out.

fred goodrich
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: Todays project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice tractor I can"t tell are the chrome strips on it? They hardly ever survive with a cab.

just thinkin
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: Todays project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Was the fuel fill inside the cab?

Mike Fitz
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Todays project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes the fill is inside the cab, there is a cowl about a foot wide in the cab with a flap door in the top. Yes the chrome strips are still there, no grab handles though. The door is pretty narrow, At 6' tall and 200+ lbs.you just don't dive through the door. Really for a 1960's cab it is ok. Triggs was a fairly local short line machinery company.

j hikemper

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Todays project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You Know what ? ..in its time , that 730 cab gasser is the ultimate comfortable cold weather instant starter daily feed runner ,, ,, however a fat boy could get claustraphobic with those skinnyazz dorz,, especially with a half tank of gas, bad vent cap and a lit cigar ... As far as comparing to a DC,, my 730 gasser Will not fight in a HARD pull like any of the DC s i have known ,,But it will consume the gas regardless of the job , Does your 450 IHC have a Marvel Schriebler like my 730 ? HOWEVER ,I think the marvel Schriebler carbs are better starters than Zenith , especially if they sit a while , My DCs are always KRANKY every spring after hibernating .. kinda like gettting over a cold . They will teach a Determined Farm Boy how to tune in a carburator .Did 730's ever have a ZENITH carb like all DC's i have been on .you could really lean DC s back on a hot day and rake hay in 4th all day on 5 gallon of gas with partial choke on turns and hills . i have done it many times .I believe that the Zenith Carb mated with the touchy governor on a DC have Made young men into lifer CASE LOVERS the world over

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.