Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Case 2090

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed in Illinois

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Case 2090 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. I just bought a Case 2090. Never owned a case but I did drive a neighbors 2590 several years ago. When I was a kid the 1st tractor I was ever turned loose with was a DC. Later in life I drove a 500 diesel. I was wondering if anyone had any input on these tractors. I bought this one with 5700 hours and a new overhaul. It appeared to be in great shape. I guess time will tell.

andy r

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 2090 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a Case 2090 and a 2290. Same tractors except the 2290 has a turbo. The next sizes up from the 2090 and 2290 in the series are bigger and heavier. I think the 2090 and 2290 are a pretty nice size and weight for doing a wide range of activities. Either of them easily pull a 25 foot field cultivator or disk, or a 13 foot disk chisel. You can tell the 2290 has more power with the turbo - maybe a gear faster. I like the 2090 for planting with an 8 row, no-till planter with 3000 lbs. of dry fertilizer. I keep the 2290 in its duals and the 2090 in singles. They really need weight on the rear to pull. The 2290 is loaded with fluid and the 2090 only has 2 weights on each rear wheel. I haven't had much of any problem with either. I try not to abuse the power shift in the 2090 to avoid major repairs. I use it, but only when necessary and I don't push it to the max. 2290 has an 8 speed transmission - no power shift. I like it for that fact. They are getting old enough that it is hard to keep the air conditioner running. I think they ride a little rougher due to the shorter wheel base. Going down the road my International's ride much smoother. I think some have moved the front axle forward on the 2090's and 2290's to get a smoother ride. Hope you have the same experience with your Cases's as I have. Good luck.

Ed in Illinois

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Case 2090 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. I am planning on pulling a field cultivator and a chisel with it mostly and maybe some wagons in the fall. I am a samll farmer so it should last me along time I hope. I will be planting with my Massey 4233. I have always been a John Deere man but it is hard to tell by all the different colors of equipment around my farm these days. It seems like green paint has just gotten out of my price range. In the process I am learning there are alot of other good tractors out there.

Brokengun
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Case 2090 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The only thing that i would add is too only use Case oil in the rear end.

I bought a cherry 1370 about 6 years ago and changed oil in the rear end to something other than case.

The oil I change too, eat the fiber discs out of everything on the tractor.

It was a mess

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.