Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First to35

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2tractors
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: First to35 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm interested in the history of the 35's and wonder if anyone knows when the first one with Power Steering came out and on what model?

Richard L
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: First to35 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

2tractors the 1955 parts book table of contents does not list any PS the 1956 book does but not at what SN it was first installed. Yours is the earliest from what lists I am able to see at this time. The next one is SGF 170319 that one was Beige & Green also. Another FENA member sent me his SN and it has the prefix letters which was only the 720th tractor built in 1956 long ahead of when the Beige was started, SGM 167877.

miner09
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: First to35 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Did the PS give trouble on the TO 35.I think I read that it did. Had problem with oil in steering box???? I"m looking at one that has PS. Owner hadn"t sent serial # yet.

Rob in OH
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: First to35 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've been told and seen mid year 1955 TO35's that have the engine block casting with the metal cover plate over the pwr str pump opening. Before this time this area of the block was cast solid. I guess from this point on pwr str was an option. At this time they also changed the crank case breather tube by routing it to front of engine to
not interfere if a pwr str pump was installed.
Before it was routed almost straight down from the opening on the valve cover. At this time they also changed to 12 volt elec. sys.

s19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: First to35 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

some years ago i looked into when 12V was introduced. i was told that 12V was introduced at serial number 161250.

you may have more success with pwr steering numbers if you contact jerry moons at montes equipemnt.

montes@flash.net(jerry moons)

engine@montesequipment.com

s19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: First to35 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the original basket case Z-134 block that came with my 55 TO-35 did NOT have the pwr. steering casting. eng. ser. no. Z134-613792 built june 3 1955.
that same tractor now has a 62 eng. blk. that does have the pwr. steering casting. ser. no. Z134-721105 built march 15 1962.

4on-the-floor
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: First to35 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My TO35 came with power steering, i think it is a 1959.

It has the number SHM 197273 with engine number ZB 134 .

It leaked real bad out the top, made a big mess,when i first got it about 15 years ago from just sitting around i would guess. I never did fix it ,just kept adding fluid and about two years later it quit leaking accept for the hoses. I replaced them and the steering improved a lot but could still use a new pump. I do have a loader on it and when it got low on fluid it was almost impossible to turn it even with out any thing in the bucket.

miner09
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: First to35 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I"m trying to buy a TO 35 with PS. Serial is TO35-169287. It has no SGM. When did the SGM start?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.