Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

powersteering

View previous topic :: View next topic  
startin out
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: powersteering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi guys i've got a 1946 2n. any ideas how 2 convert 2 powersteering?

Bruce (VA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: powersteering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here you go:

http://jacksonpowersteering.com/

As I recall, the unit is probably going to cost more than your tractor........
75 Tips

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: powersteering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Think outside of the box.
Sell your N and buy a Hundred or Thousand Series Ford that already has it.
You'll also get live hydraulics, possibly live pto and maybe even differential lock.

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: powersteering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

DEFFINATELY sell the 2n and buy a tractor w/ power steering. way cheaper than converting a 53+ non PS tractor.. and WAY WAY cheaper than converting an N.

NoNewParts
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: powersteering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

if you can't afford the guys suggestions,
and need PS because of a loader,
a VERY heavy counterweight hanging off the back will
make it steer much easier, and is cheap
If you don't have a loader, check everything involved
with steering on your tractor.
An N with 19's on the front should be about effortless to steer

Randy-PA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: powersteering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I recently added power steering to my 1950 8N. Still working out the bugs, but at least I can steer with weight in the loader bucket. Got most of my info from these photos.

http://www.tractorshed.com/fordnclub/npic10488.htm
http://www.tractorshed.com/fordnclub/npic10514.htm
http://www.tractorshed.com/fordnclub/npic10515.htm
power steering

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: powersteering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I found a used power steering setup and adapted it to work on my Jubilee.
I think it is made by Char-Lynn, but it is not just the torque amplifier.
Here's a picture of the steering control valve as I was mocking it up to fit.
As you can see, I had to cut the original steering column to put this in place.
Pump is drive off the fan belt. Small fluid reservoir bolted to the head.
It has worked very well so far, but would be cost prohibitive unless you find a used one.

Manny Gonzales
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: powersteering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Randy:
I was wondering if I could contact you for some specifics. I had seen those photos in the past and I want to do the same thing to my MF TO35.
I had to have a shoulder reattached and I am having a tough time when the loader bucket is full of dirt.
Thanks, Manny

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.