Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VC Restoration pix.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
outsidersag
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: VC Restoration pix. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I took two VCs and made one, I need to do some work on the axels yet and when the weather gets nice I can turn my wife loose with her paint gun. Got alot of VC parts and the frame. As you can see it looks like several Cases threw up in my shop, time to clean it out so I have room to work.

Gene Dotson
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: VC Restoration pix. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have 3 VC's and a V. 1940 V, 2 1941 VC's and a restored 1942 VC. The 1942 VC is on the March 2013 Case Calendar. The V is my main wood gathering tractor and gets too much use to do any serious work on. One VC needs an air cleaner assembly, otherwise is running. Other VC was bought in dissassembled condition last fall and waiting for me to get to work on it. I have had 3 other VC's, two that I sold to friends and another was for parts and then scrapped. Like my V series tractors.

Gene

outsidersagswife
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: VC Restoration pix. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Our 400 High Crop is on Aug. Page!

1031D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: VC Restoration pix. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Any chance your coming to the JICCA winter convention? Jimmy Thelen and myself are looking for a parts tractor with drum brakes.

outsidersag
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: VC Restoration pix. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not I will not be attending. My parts one has band breaks.

outsidersag
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: VC Restoration pix. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not I will not be attending. My parts one has band breaks.

1031D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: VC Restoration pix. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are you interested in selling parts off of it?

Glenn F.

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: VC Restoration pix. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gene, (or anyone) can you give me a brief timeline of the V/VAC tractors. The Vs and VAs were predicessors (sp?) to the VAC??

Glenn F.

1031D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: VC Restoration pix. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Glenn, the V was for "Victory". Introduced in 1939 for the 1940 model year. They came in VO orchard, V standard, VI industrial and VC row crop versions. You could get a VC with a single, tricycle or wide front end. They made them using a Clark transmission and a Continental engine. They were derated as they produced the same horsepower as an SC. Then, in 1942 the introduced the VA series. From 1942-1944 1/2 they used the VC steering and front end but a CASE designed Continental built engine, block #VT149. The VA was mostly made by CASE with the exception of the wheels and engine until 1946 when they changed to the VT328 block, flyweight governor, crank with counter weights, manifold, air cleaner, and a few other minor changes. In 1951 with 5570000 they completely redesigned the VA series. Wider dash, better steering, bigger gas tank, and more options in tire sizes and was also the introduction of the VAS, high crop offset tractor. In 1952 you could buy a VAC-11 single front, VAC-12 tricycle, VAC-13 adjustable wide front, VAC-14 same as 13 but low platform, VAO-15 orchard plus the VAS and VAH, as well as a VAI and VAIW which was a warehouse or plane tug. I have 7 of the VA series including a VAS and VAC-14 and I also have a 1941 VC.

outsidersag
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: VC Restoration pix. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What parts are you looking for?

1031D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: VC Restoration pix. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Main things are drum brakes and I need those front rims, he's half way through with a VI and I have a 1941 VC that needs attention.

VCguy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: VC Restoration pix. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am currently restoring a 1941 VC with wide adjustable front end. I am in need of rear fenders with light brackets, seat assembly and air cleaner assembly. Would you happen to have any of these items?
Please email if you can help. Thanks.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.