Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Update and thanks everyone

View previous topic :: View next topic  
R Wyler
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Update and thanks everyone Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I sure appriciate all the responses it has really helped. I know that to install the plugs correct the engine has to be at least partly tore down. I just do not have it in me to tear it back apart after all the time I spent slowly getting it together and it running good. I got some Quick Steel that is good for 500 degrees. I drove a big flat screw driver in and took an old knife and covered it as best as I could. Then I drove a cold chisel into the one on the other block because I can see it going next. I fired it up and the one I fixed is so far holding. Then the one I drove the chisel in leaks so I will put the epoxy on it also. I think the air cleaner is a big problem. I had to start it again with the cleaner un hooked I used ether. I will try it without and just priming next. Anyhow when I hook the cleaner up while it is running I can tell a difference in the engine sound. It was pretty nasty.. How can I get that mesh clean enough??? I also moved the dist and seem to have it running pretty good it speeds up without hesitation ect. I have to figure out this air cleaner issue though.

Last edited by R Wyler on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
R Wyler
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Update and thanks everyone Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just looked at the parts book. I see the 707 diesel has a dry element cleaner and the element crosses over and shows still available. That air cleaner could be a real dandy to try to clean out. Soaking in a 5 gallon bucket of solvent is all I know to do.

oleclint
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Update and thanks everyone Reply to specific post Reply with quote

On the oil bath air cleaner, drop the cup then look up in the area where the metal baffel is attached to the round part of the a-c. It should be spot welded to the main body. Carefully cut or chisel it loose , then remove all the mesh, wash it clean in diesel or whatever. Put it back in , in the order it came out. J B weld the metal retainer in place.
I have had 2 706 diesels that the a-c s were made that way.
Another way to clean them , is power wash them with a hi press. washer. Take the unit to a car/truck wash where they have hot water. That helps.This mite not get the mesh as clean as taking it apart , but is easier. clint

oleclint
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Update and thanks everyone Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had another thought, Has this tractor sat for a while? If it has , mud dobbers could of got into the air cleaner and plugged it. That has been known to happen. clint

R Wyler
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Update and thanks everyone Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I took it apart this evening. I will see if I can get those welds broke. I cannot see anything on the outside but it is certainly restricting airflow. The thing will not even try to start with it hooked up and runs poorly when I hook it up. I will see what I can do.

oleclint
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Update and thanks everyone Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mr.R Wyler, clint here,If you would not mind , I would like to drive up and meet you and look at your M-M tractor. As we collect M-M tractors.
I live 45 miles S E of Stillwater. We get up that way ocasionally. My phone # is 405 328 0081 evenings. I hope to hear from you ,thanks. clint

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.