Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Falken Tires For 2003 FORD F150

View previous topic :: View next topic  
molinebob
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Falken Tires For 2003 FORD F150 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its time to replace the tires on my truck, just wondering if anyone has any experiance with Falken tires? They are the Falken rocky moutain ATS ones, getting a set of four for 988 bucks, size is 33x12.5/17. had a set of buckshot mudders on it for the last year and a half, not many miles on em but they are shot, the ball joints and wheel bearings went out in it and just chewed the tires up, they were a 285/70-17 for size, and paid 1400 for them when i bought em not that long ago...the 33s are the size that was on it when i bought it so kinda wanted to go back to that size...THanks Bob

Chris(WA)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: Falken Tires For 2003 FORD F150 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We have run Falken tires on the service vans before. They are an OK tire. Nothing to write home about except they were cheap. Dollar wise hard to beat.Average wear life and average traction etc. No problems with them as I recall.

ASEguy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: Falken Tires For 2003 FORD F150 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, keep the same rolling diameter. There is a label most don't look at when buying tires it's the UTQGS or Uniform Tire Quality Grading System. Pay close attention to the treadwear, traction and temperature. Treadwear mostly. There are big differences in treadwear from tire to tire of the same size. I buy Michelin only because they make an excellant Light Truck (LT) tire.

MO8N4ME
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: Falken Tires For 2003 FORD F150 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you go to the "tirerack.com website...HERE

you can look at any tire, then click on 'specs', and get the diameter of the tire. You can then look at another tire and do the same thing to compare diameters of 2 or 3 different tires. FWIW

mstas

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Falken Tires For 2003 FORD F150 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've run Falkens on my F250. Didn't like them. Got about 18000 miles out of a set of 4.Went back to the dealer ,they said that was about right. Don't want anymore.

Kevin in OK
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Falken Tires For 2003 FORD F150 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had Falken all seasons on my F150 and got 45000 miles. It was a pretty decent value, all in all.

Kevin

S.Crum
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Falken Tires For 2003 FORD F150 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a set of Falken 245 75 R16 RV tires on the 97' F-150 I sold last year. These were on the truck when I bought it and according to the paperwork in the glovebox, they had about 1,000 miles on them. They wore pretty evenly and I put just short of 12,000 more miles on them. At that point when I sold the truck I speculated they had about 2,000 legal miles left on them. The buyer agreed.
One would think that tires that saw mostly blacktop miles on a truck that was rarely loaded and in good condition (Pa inspected) should last a little more than 15,000 miles + or -.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.