Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

oil pressure

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
purecty
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: oil pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

my to-20 has a gauge on the dash, it stays about 1/2 the way up until i put a load on it, then it drops to zero. quit plowing or w/e and it goes back up. it makes no noise. you can run it all you want like this and no knocking or noise of any sort/ wonder why? thanks
bill

Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: oil pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have you tried another gauge?

McBride
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: oil pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Under load {RPM Increase} worn main bearings and or poor oil return from the head could cause this.

maxwell99
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: oil pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

just remember:

the fastest way to ruin a good engine is lack of oil pressure.

the second fastest way to ruin a good engine is letting it get too hot.

do not run the engine until you get a second oil pressure guage installed to be sure you do or do not have oil pressure, if not, replace oil pump, etc:
whatever you have to do to get oil pressure before you ruin the engine.

let us know what the problem was!

purecty
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: oil pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

no i havent tried another gauge yet. but like i said there is no noise of any kind and it doesnt run hot that i know of. i have run it quite a while at a time and no noise or any thing.. i guess i'll get another gauge one of these days. thanks guys
bill

purecty
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: oil pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

but why would it show pressure and then die down? does that mean a bad gauge possibly?

purecty
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: oil pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i had checked the pressure on all 4 cylinders a few months ago and they were all about the same

purecty
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: oil pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

how do you get the gauge out? un-screw the 2 bolts[ one on each side] and unhook the oil line and push it out the front? sorry fellows, but im no mechanic. lol thanks

purecty
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: oil pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

where is the oil pump?

purecty
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: oil pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

what if i take the oil line loose from the gauge? can i start it with the line loose to see if oil is coming out without any problems? thanks
bill

Richard L
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: oil pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can take the oil line off and start it, however if the oil line is not plugged and everything is working correctly oil should come gushing out.

Richard L
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: oil pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The oil pump is on the bottom of the block in the oil pan area.

Richard L
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: oil pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You sound as you are correct remove oil line nut. Then the two nuts on the back of the gauge, pull off the U shaped holder under the nuts you just removed then push the oil gauge backward out of the dash. You can remove the oil line from the gauge in the dash and attach it to the new gauge and hold it to see if it will work w/o actually installing the new gauge. It is up to you.

purecty
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: oil pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks a lot richard. that is what i wanted to know. how have you been doing? ok i hope
bill

purecty
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: oil pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i just wanted to see if oil was coming out. if it is then i guess it would say its a bad gauge
bill

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.