Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JD 4520 Air Conditioner Mounting??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh4520
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: JD 4520 Air Conditioner Mounting?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks to all who replied on the earlier fuel line question! I am also looking at adding a air conditioner to this tractor. Most tractors I have seen from the new generation have the a/c pump on the left hand side down by the side rail. My tractor has part of the engine casting in the way. Where are you supposed to mount the pump on this thing? any ideas? Homemade remedies?

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: JD 4520 Air Conditioner Mounting?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Factory AC compressor mounting brackets look very similar to late model 4020's & 30 series RC tractors. Mounting on LH frt side of engine. I just looked at the engine blocks and there was a SN break. If your engine block has no place to mount compressor then you'll have to mount it under the engine behind the frt axle same as some older 4020's.

AR50297 CYLINDER BLOCK 1 - 303518 (NLA) (MARKED R43310 OR R45980) (SUB FOR AR43496) (ALSO ORDER AR43852, AR48289, R32617, R46158, AR52160)
AR52061 CYLINDER BLOCK 1 303519 - (MARKED R47020 OR R47110) (SUB RE70108, SHORT BLOCK) (NLA)

Last edited by Tx Jim on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Josh4520
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: JD 4520 Air Conditioner Mounting?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thats what I thought at first. But when I looked at
my tractor, part of the engine block was in the way.
I included a picture that shows what I mean. NO this
isnt my exact tractor, but it was a picture I found
on the internet that showed the casting that is in
the way (I am not by my tractor right now)

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: JD 4520 Air Conditioner Mounting?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can you take a close-up photo of the same area?

Last edited by Tx Jim on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Josh4520
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: JD 4520 Air Conditioner Mounting?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I zoomed in a bit on the picture I found. I am in
another state right now on business. Was planning on
going to a junk yard next Saturday out here and was
wondering if I should add a a/c mount to the list,
wondered what they looked like etc. I hope this
picture helps.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: JD 4520 Air Conditioner Mounting?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The side mount for AC comp.will not work on your block. You need a bracket for underneath. I don't think there's enough room to mount compressor over the engine similar to the JD utility tractors.

Josh4520
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: JD 4520 Air Conditioner Mounting?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Do you have any pictures of the under mount? Know
anyone who has done something like this before?

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: JD 4520 Air Conditioner Mounting?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had forgotten until I looked in the parts catalog #859 that JD once offered a side mount bracket for the Delco compressor that bolted to the 2 holes in the LH frame rail that the holes were designed for a frt rockshaft. Just open up the PC #856 go to parts index type in this number(AR48199) and it will take you to the page. There was also a bracket for over the engine part # AR44967. I beginning to think the underneath bracket I was thinking of was aftermarket mount for a Year-A-Round or Hiniker cab

Normally I would download the parts photo but my new computer with Win 7 pro is giving me photo "Nightmares".

larryanderson
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: JD 4520 Air Conditioner Mounting?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There used to be a company by the name of Eagle Air that installed many A/C in older tractors before air became almost standard in the Sound Guard bodies.A/C has come a long ways but I dont remember seeing any 69 4520s with it.The 71/72s have a special place to mount it.Anything can be done just takes time and money.

Josh4520
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: JD 4520 Air Conditioner Mounting?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks!! This gives me a good place to start. thanks
again for putting up with my questions!

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: JD 4520 Air Conditioner Mounting?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here's some parts photo's.

DONMYEIL
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: JD 4520 Air Conditioner Mounting?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I mounted one on the right side frame. Had to use an idler and 4320 crank pulley . Worked for many years for a comercial applicator.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.