Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 2520 is finally done!

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brent in WI
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: The 2520 is finally done! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

After 4 Ĺ years I finally finished my 71 2520. I have done a complete out of frame engine overhaul with new injectors and rebuilt injection pump. Both clutches were rebuilt. The hydraulics were rebuilt including the front pump with new rear pump, along with resealing the steering motor and rebuilding the steering valve, SCV and rockshaft. The wiring had to be completely replaced as there was nothing worth salvaging. The front end and seat were completely rebuilt. Those were just the big ticket items with countless smaller items done as well. I have kept a folder with all the receipts but I donít think I will ever add them up as I donít want to really know and that includes buying a parts 2510 tractor. I learned a ton of things and much of it came from great people on this site.

Canadian Ken
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: The 2520 is finally done! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Awesome Job!!! great paint job -you should be proud of the end product!!
Ken

onefarmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: The 2520 is finally done! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's too pretty. I'd be afraid to climb on it.

jdv
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: The 2520 is finally done! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Beautiful tractor!

JDG
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: The 2520 is finally done! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Was tractor sand blasted?

Brent in WI
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: The 2520 is finally done! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes the grey picture is it's birthday suit from carefull sand blasting.

4010 puller
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: The 2520 is finally done! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great looking tractor! Do you still have loader? Did 2510 parts tractor have a diesel engine? Send me a message and let me know what parts you have left.

tomstractorsandtoys1
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: The 2520 is finally done! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is one sharp looking tractor.My dad bought a new 2520 narrow front in 1972 for $6700 it was discounted because the 30 series were out.Your paint job shines better that dad's new one.I have a 2510 diesel that I use on the farm.

2520-4010
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: The 2520 is finally done! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great job......it takes lots of time and effort to make one look that good. Be proud!

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: The 2520 is finally done! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very nice job.

JD PHIL
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: The 2520 is finally done! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thats very nice!! Don't add up the tickets just burn them so the wife never knows what you spent or you maybe sleeping with the tractor!!!

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: The 2520 is finally done! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Better than factory built.

Gundoctor
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: The 2520 is finally done! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is a great job. It is to good to get into the mud. I wished many times I had one of these as I had 3020,4020 and 4320. All I can do is look back but you made my day.

DWCJD
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: The 2520 is finally done! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I THINK MY 1967 2510 AND YOUR 2520 WOULD BE A GREAT PAIR AT A TRACTOR SHOW.DWC

Bob Bancroft
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: The 2520 is finally done! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

WOW. That is gorgeous! As is the 2510 below.
I'm curious about the front weights I frequently see on these tractors. Are you planning on some serious 3 point work? I pull a six row planter with my 2520, with no ballast. It's light in the front, but that's just the way I want it.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.