Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clutch Adjustment 19 49 Case DC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roch Courreges
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Clutch Adjustment 19 49 Case DC Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi, I am looking for information on adjusting the clutch on my 1949 Case Dc Tractor with a hand clutch. I have adjusted up the hand clutch on the out side of the tractor in the past. I have never made a adjustment at the clutch, are there any tricks or special tools I will need? Any help would be great, Thanks.

Don Rudolph
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Clutch Adjustment 19 49 Case DC Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This isn"t hard to do, but hard to explain in words. You need to adjust the collar tighter to push the pressure plate closer to the clutch disk to eliminate slipping. To start you need to take off the inspection cover on the right side near the belt pulley shaft. Then you need to find the open section in the pressure plate that has a "button" in the adjusting collar. The button is to keep the adjusting collar from turning when the clutch assembly is turning at engine speed. This button must be held inward at the same time that the adjusting collar is move counter-clockwise, usually 2 holes does the trick, sometimes 3 holes. In other words, not very much movement will tighten a good clutch up. There is a special tool for pushing the clutch button in but you can use a bent 1/4" bolt or something similar. All you have to do is depress the button and get the collar to move slightly and the button will be depressed until the next hole. Just repeat the process. You can see if you have gone far enough by engaging the hand clutch lever and it should have a nice, crisp thud, but not over tight. I hope this helps. The first time is tough to figure out, after that its a breeze. Don

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: Clutch Adjustment 19 49 Case DC Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I usually access the clutch from the LH side. In addition to what Don said the clutch forks/pulley brake should be adjusted accordingly also

wilson ind
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Clutch Adjustment 19 49 Case DC Reply to specific post Reply with quote

when i find the button usually chisel 2 notches on outside edge easier to find next time

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.