Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4020 fender warning lights

View previous topic :: View next topic  
df
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: 4020 fender warning lights Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am working on a 72 4020 trying to be correct. It has the large square fenders as used with 38" rears. It has the large amber lamps with the reflector on the rim of the lamp. The parts book shows both styles of lamps. The smaller type and also what I have. Which is the correct one to use?

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 4020 fender warning lights Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The larger types were on a '72 model. The smaller warning lamps were used up through this SN.250,000 then the larger ones were introduced.

Last edited by Tx Jim on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
df
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 4020 fender warning lights Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tx Jim you have yet answered my question again. Thanks a
lot.
David

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 4020 fender warning lights Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One of the things I learned when I first sold JD parts back in the 60's was "read the parts descriptions,substitution numbers & footnotes".

I've never forgotten my boss's stern looks & lectures as long as I live.

df
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 4020 fender warning lights Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You need to write a book.

Whichester1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 4020 fender warning lights Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Df is serious, I do not know of any new books coming out since the passing of J.R. Hobbs.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: 4020 fender warning lights Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Df wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:45:05 01/21/13) You need to write a book.

Thanks but there are other members of this forum that have just as much or more knowledge than I do. I'm semi-retired and probably have more free time to research questions but writing a book is not in my future. I also welcome when someone corrects a mistake that I make as I want my statements to be accurate.

df
I remember when 4020's went from one warning light to two. The JD branch representative stated JD engineers were tired of people thinking JD tractors only turned left. Granted this was before tractor turn signals were introduced.

larryanderson
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: 4020 fender warning lights Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We had one get broke on a 72 4020 and we could not match it thru JD parts as it subbed to replacement so we just bought two alike.I actually liked the old style better but they need to match.Liked what TxJim said about turning one way all the time.

df
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: 4020 fender warning lights Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where are you located in Tx?

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 4020 fender warning lights Reply to specific post Reply with quote

30 miles south of Ft Worth in the newest town in Texas called Coyote Flats, population 310. I had planned on dying in the country as I'd never lived in town and I got voted in.

df
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 4020 fender warning lights Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Or was that out voted? Thanks for you tireless input on this
page. I have a friend that was the ser. Mgr. at our local dealer
near Raleigh for I think 42' years. I always bounce my questions off of you two. 99% of the time I get the same answer. Thanks again.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: 4020 fender warning lights Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Df wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:05:23 01/22/13)
I have a friend that was the ser. Mgr. at our local dealer
near Raleigh for I think 42' years. I always bounce my questions off of you two. 99% of the time I get the same answer. Thanks again.

I can't imagine 42 years of getting lectured by the dealer that the service dept's not making enough money and that the technicians are standing around too much,then the customers complaining about high repair prices and too long a wait for repairs and then the technicians whining about "something". The top of the complaint list was the lady that lived in town on "snob hill" that had bridge party and her lawn mower wouldn't start and she needed repaired yesterday.
I only endured about 15 years in the service dept and that was "enough".

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.