Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2130 john deere hydraulics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
berwin121
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: 2130 john deere hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

flushed hydraulics forgot to fill tank in front now arms will not lift to i have air in line or what?

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 2130 john deere hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Could be one of several reasons. 3 possible reasons are trans pump may have lost it's prime or stroke control valve in frt pump could have some debris caught in it or hyd filter relief valve leaking. I would also suggest to check frt pump drive coupler to be sure it isn't stripped out.

Air will bleed itself out of system.

Last edited by Tx Jim on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 2130 john deere hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We need more info. What is the history of the
tractor and what has been done in repairs.
The front tank, front pump and oil cooler should
fill via the transmission charge pump.

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 2130 john deere hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes B&D,,You gotta know the whole story,,I got one on the chopp"in block now, turned out the front pump had a inlet valve worked loose and stripped the threads out, had good charge pressure, but loader chattered bad...

Tech 7
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: 2130 john deere hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have to agree....what was ths original symptom(s)?

berwin121
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: 2130 john deere hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

had water in oil and have been using tractor all year flushes everything out with diesel and i should have filled tank up before starting but forgot so filled in back and wind up having to refill twice because it had to fill tank and lines.now arms go down after sitting for a while but once i crank it arms go up regardless where i have the lever

berwin121
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: 2130 john deere hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

have not had any history of problems screen was very dirty before checking and was quite surprised everything worked as it did i do alot of bushhogging with it and i needed to replace seals in draft links and just fix things that should have been done before nowe but was to busy to fix being winter i have time now and just want to eliminate potential problems as much as possible

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: 2130 john deere hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You should never "need" to fill the tank up, if your talking about the reserve tank in front of the radiator. The charge pump (transmission pump) should flow strong enough to exceed the needs of the main pump ,fill the tank and flow back to the transmission. I'm not sure where you are on this, but if you remove the big line on the top of the front pump(the one that goes up to the tank and on to the cooler),attach a line to the pump fitting and head it into a bucket, start the engine and rev it to 1/2 throttle (of course have the trans full of oil) it should have a "strong" flow into the bucket till it starts to pump the transmission empty,if you have little to no oil coming through your problem is in the rear of the system,bad trans pump,cracked supply lines, stuck filter relief valve...These can be a hard system to understand and trouble shoot,,but this is where to start.I'm working on a 2030 now that had weak and chattering hydraulics,I ran the test i just described and had "strong" flow, so I pulled the main pump and found a pump inlet valve backed out and pounded the threads out, this let the oil sputter back like a bad engine valve popping through the carburetor.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: 2130 john deere hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

berwin121 wrote:
(quoted from post at 09:52:14 01/22/13) .now arms go down after sitting for a while but once i crank it arms go up regardless where i have the lever

If lever doesn't control 3pt then something is wrong with linkage inside RS housing that's not related with changing hyd oil.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.