Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jetstar 2 Diesel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
d211smith

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Jetstar 2 Diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello fellas ive had a jetstar 2 diesel for prob almost two years now, pulled into shop while back to start restoration. tractor ran when i first got it but smoked badly and honestly didnt run very smooth at all so i was going to take engine down and replace rings bearings etc... well went to start tractor and i CANNOT get it running no matter what i tried i cant get fuel from injection pump to the injectors so im 99% sure injection pump needs work. now the big question who can work on the pump and injectors any input is greatly appreciated as this is a much different bird then my utsd or 5 star's etc. thank you so much as i really want to get this little tractor restored to its new condition again.

t.r.k.

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Jetstar 2 Diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a jet2 diesel for a short time. I am betting part of your problem is the injection pump has lost its prime. If I recall correctly, the one time I had that jet2 one running I had to fill the fuel tank almost completely full-so the fuel could flow 'down' to the injection pump- And then drag it in gear with another tractor for a pretty long way before the injector lines primed.

d211smith

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Jetstar 2 Diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thats what i thought as well i filled the fuel tank and also put on an electric fuel pump before the fuel filter as well. hooked up the pump and got fuel to the injection pump but nothing out of the pump. we pulled it probably 2miles with one of the gvi's in 4th gear and only fired maybe 3 times in two miles?????? any more ideas?

Alan K
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Jetstar 2 Diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is it a RosaMaster DB injection pump?

d211smith

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Jetstar 2 Diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i believe so i know it is a roosa master turned vertically. im pretty sure its a db series will double check later today

molinegb
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Jetstar 2 Diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If pump is vertical it is a Roosa Master. PSB was used on early models as well as Motrac. I have a JS2 DB pump on my bench. Probably rollers stuck not giving any delivery.

Dieseltech
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Jetstar 2 Diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you like call after 7 PM IN time, 574 eight nine three four one seven two. Ask for Rich, be glad to help. Pump may have valve and plungers stuck from setting.

injpumped

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Jetstar 2 Diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We've seen the fuel go sour in these old tractors that sit a lot, and Roosa and CAV pumps seem to be the worst affected, the plungers get stuck. Basically has to be torn down, cleaned of all the gunk, and rebuilt. I can help with this if needed. Ed.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.