Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clinton engine parts needed!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperABen
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Clinton engine parts needed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello,

I need a few parts to finish up my Clinton 900 3104 engine project before it finds a new home. For those who are interested in strange engine stories, it came off a Merry Tiller somewhere along the way, and was parked after being buried in clay. There was clay all over and through the thing. To make it worse, the owner pulled the spark plug and left it in a shed. Thankfully the piston was at TDC.

I cleaned it off, cleaned everything out, and started it this morning.

The strangest thing was that it is running with the original Clinton condenser and points. Yes, I said condenser! Even after being buried, the original condenser still fires it. I was impressed, to say the least.

All that being said, I am in need of a few pieces to finish the project.

1. Governor springs. It seems the pre-IBM part numbers are 7979 and a 4001. I need the spring at the carburetor linkage (balance spring) and the one (I suppose) on the governor arm.

2. Starter pawls and springs. Some character a long time ago must have lost the starter pawls, I guess while checking the Clinton for damage after the "Great Burial." Or they were borrowed for use on another engine. I don't have part numbers, but on an illustration I will try to upload, they are a #4. The springs I need for the pawls are #3.

If someone can point me in the right direction I would be much obliged. Thank you in advance!

Ben W. in VA
OldPathsEquipment.com

MNGB
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Clinton engine parts needed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi SuperABen, try this fellow he may have the parts, he's a good guy I just got some Clinton 2 cycle parts from him
Bob's Small Engine Repair Marion, Ia
319----377----3339
This is a link to a web page : http://www.bser.com/
GB in MN

Last edited by MNGB on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
bill mart
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Clinton engine parts needed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ben, I have your springs in stock.The newer number for the 4001 is 263-40 and the 7979 turns into 263-45. I have a small stash of clinton parts if anyone else is interested. Bill

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.