Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thermostat - NAPA Cross Reference

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Bond
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Thermostat - NAPA Cross Reference Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Would any of you know what the cross reference # is that NAPA uses for the EAF-8575-B thermostat. The girl working the counter couldn't find it for the life of her. Mine looks like the original if that is the date code I'm seeing. 12-57. Or could I use any 1 1/2" - 160 aftermarket?

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Thermostat - NAPA Cross Reference Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I do not have a number off the top of my head but could get it. As per the catalog I have the Jubilee up to the thousand series used the same thermostat

Bern
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Thermostat - NAPA Cross Reference Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like a collector's item you have there!

I would replace it with the hottest t-stat you can find for the same reasons I posted above. Go to NH, then you know you have the right one.

Big 86
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Thermostat - NAPA Cross Reference Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tom,

I recently bought a 180 thermostat from Napa. I can't remember the number offhand, but I can look tomorrow and see what it is, if you are interested. They did not have the pre-made gasket in stock, but had a make your own gasket kit. Tax and all I paid a little over $7 for T-stat and gasket.

Tom Bond
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: Thermostat - NAPA Cross Reference Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you wouldn't mind, that would be great. I'll take mine with as well. The gasket will come with the head gasket set. Thank You.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Thermostat - NAPA Cross Reference Reply to specific post Reply with quote

O'Reilly's has them there # is for the Murry brand 3356 which is a 180 degree one. Called them last night 5 minutes before they close and got that info

Tom Bond
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Thermostat - NAPA Cross Reference Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank You!

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Thermostat - NAPA Cross Reference Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Your welcome. Nice thing about having an account with O'Reilly's is that it makes it easy to get info from them like that but then they know me well since I have had that account for around 25 years

Big 86
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Thermostat - NAPA Cross Reference Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 180 thermostat I bought is Napa 169.

Hope this helps.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.