Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dual ex on g

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2-banger
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: dual ex on g Reply to specific post Reply with quote

building a..g thinking about having 2 flanges machined to bolt to hd and having exhaust shop bend 2 pipes to make dual ex...any one ever try this on a g...must give it diff sound..around here either your stock or your pulling in open class..so theres no rules saying i cant do it

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: dual ex on g Reply to specific post Reply with quote

my bet is that it will hurt performance, whereas a single pipe uses the ex pulses to induce a draft to help ex flow from each cylinder, a friend of mine went to a pretty small pipe on a good sized A and had to richen the carb. significantly

FactoryFarmer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: dual ex on g Reply to specific post Reply with quote

dboll wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:15:14 01/22/13) my bet is that it will hurt performance, whereas a single pipe uses the ex pulses to induce a draft to help ex flow from each cylinder, a friend of mine went to a pretty small pipe on a good sized A and had to richen the carb. significantly

I did it to mine, and this G has it done to it as well......far from hurting performance....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS7kiIvp0ws

2-banger
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: dual ex on g Reply to specific post Reply with quote

very nice..i think thats probaly bigger than mine will be..lol..is this the g with turbo on it?

FactoryFarmer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: dual ex on g Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No it's NA, 640 cubes

2-banger
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: dual ex on g Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ok..u turn alot on rpms..i have some questions if you have time email me

FactoryFarmer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: dual ex on g Reply to specific post Reply with quote

2-banger wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:47:30 01/22/13) ok..u turn alot on rpms..i have some questions if you have time email me

delhotalfarms@gmail.com

HollywoodYearwood
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: dual ex on g Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It can be done! Ive got the only one around ga, sc with one. Want to stir up some old men, show up with a set. Haha
Untitled URL Link

JDGnut
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: dual ex on g Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This was a pretty crude setup I built about 17-18 yrs ago... Used a 70 carb.. the right side used a factory shaped exhaust pipe.. but made out of Aluminized pipe..

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: dual ex on g Reply to specific post Reply with quote

you can be assured that the factory cast manifold does not use exhaust tuning like a two or four stroke tubular exhaust system.
Deere ran a two into one exhaust on the 80/820/830/840 to improve exhaust flow compared to the 70/720/730.

RHBrown
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: dual ex on g Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It has been done. Uncle Buck, whom I had the pleasure of knowing, ran one of the hottest Gs you would ever want to watch. Not only did he have dual exhast he had dual carbs also. You can watch him on youtube. Unfortunetly he passed on this winter he will be sorely missed...

2-banger
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: dual ex on g Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yea ive seen his g pull here at ny expo runs good

2-lunger

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: dual ex on g Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I made some for my G out of 2 1/2inch alluminized tubing and run a 730 carb, sounds great and pulls great. makes good power dont know if its because of the manifold becuase I never tried a stock one.

FactoryFarmer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: dual ex on g Reply to specific post Reply with quote

RHBrown wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:48:12 01/23/13) It has been done. Uncle Buck, whom I had the pleasure of knowing, ran one of the hottest Gs you would ever want to watch. Not only did he have dual exhast he had dual carbs also. You can watch him on youtube. Unfortunetly he passed on this winter he will be sorely missed...

Do you know what he was using for carbs?

Sammy G

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: dual ex on g Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Unckel buck did not have duell exhaust only duell 51 carbs I no Robbie well!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Pulling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.