Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

speedometers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
showdown
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: speedometers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

what is everyone using for speedomters

Craig Thompson
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: speedometers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There was a post a few pages back see the below. Good Luck
Untitled URL Link

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: speedometers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I believe that most are using certain GPS units that read low speeds accurately.

RickyW
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: speedometers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a GPS that gives you your speed going down the road!! Why would that not work at low speeds??

MMZAck
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: speedometers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The digital display at the end of the track.

LCB
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: speedometers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

GPS work fine outside but are like cell phones do not work inside.They may be a sceond behind so you need to be back of the speed limit by a couple of tenths.I have used on for about 3 years and works great for me.

FactoryFarmer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: speedometers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

MMZAck wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:30:51 01/23/13) The digital display at the end of the track.

I try to use that too but it always reads to high Cool

gpuller
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: speedometers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

FactoryFarmer wrote:
(quoted from post at 11:56:38 01/23/13)
MMZAck wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:30:51 01/23/13) The digital display at the end of the track.

Don't get the speed read outs at the end of the track. Just takes all the skill out of driving.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: speedometers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

gpuller wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:08:31 01/24/13)
FactoryFarmer wrote:
MMZAck wrote:

Don't get the speed read outs at the end of the track. Just takes all the skill out of driving.

I AGREE!!!! It really feels great when you get the horn just briefly, just after you applied more throttle, and just before the load slows you down just enough without backing off, and you did it just by the feel and sound of your tractor. I haven't had it work that way all that often, so it feels good when it works.

FactoryFarmer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: speedometers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

gpuller wrote:
FactoryFarmer wrote:
MMZAck wrote:

It doesn't really matter to me at since I never follow the speed limit. Speed limit antique pulls are good for tuning and nothing else....

gpuller
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: speedometers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

FactoryFarmer wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:21:38 01/24/13)
gpuller wrote:
FactoryFarmer wrote:
MMZAck wrote:

It doesn't really matter to me at since I never follow the speed limit. Speed limit antique pulls are good for tuning and nothing else....

Every pull I've been to with a speed limit your disqualified if you blow the horn after 75ft. You must not place very well.

FactoryFarmer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: speedometers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

gpuller wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:10:12 01/25/13)
FactoryFarmer wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:21:38 01/24/13)
gpuller wrote:
FactoryFarmer wrote:
MMZAck wrote:

Every pull I've been to with a speed limit your disqualified if you blow the horn after 75ft. You must not place very well.

The only reason I will go to a antique pull with a speed limit is if it's durning the week or there is nowhere else to pull. Like I said, I use them for tuning and nothing else.

The last one I pulled at I think I pulled 6 hooks and got DQed in all of them, didn't really matter to me. I think the antique pulls like that are a joke so I don't bother taking them seriously.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Pulling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.